The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows and Booth switch?

yogolol

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Show me the stats where Booth scored more than a goal in 10+ games playing with the Sedins. Show me them, right now. I know he didn't get a single goal playing with them in the Playoffs, don't really remember them playing together in the regular season.

It's so easy to go into a random thread nowadays and find another one of your clueless posts.

EDIT: Anaheim won the President's last year, right? :lol:

I would try this when kesler is injuried because if booth and sedins get some chemisty they can stay together if not burrows can go back with the sedins

sedins booth

higgins kesler burrows

kassian lappy hansen

bitz malhotra volpatti

I find that Burrows and Kesler, while they have good chemistry, they suck at actually producing goals. It's like they know what to do and they do it but they just can't score on the plays they make. It may look like the line juggling is working, but production-wise it might not.

thats because booth doesnt pass...

but when he passes, his passes suck like hell

thats why they could generate, as well as burrows did with the sedins.

heres how i would coordinate it:

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler lappy

higgins schroeder hansen

kassian malhotra weise

bitz

I think Danny and Booth should switch!

Yes split the Twins;

Top line could be Danny (playmaker and sniper extrordinaire) + two big fast physical players Kess/Booth & all three would get 35 goals! This line would be so much more physically capable as a top line unit, and could play two way hockey which cannot be said of our current top line...

Hank & Burrows, combined with a big fast winger (say Kassian or Jensen) would feast on 2knd tier pairs or match ups & again it would be a much more physically capable line!

Hank, with his skills, SHOULD be used to help develop and get the most out of young talent like Jensen, Kassian...who would offer the physical skills to let lines match up! Hank has proven he elevates everybody he plays with, I'm betting Danny (who is possibly in the top 6 or 7 passers in the league) should have a crack at doing that too...

B)B)B):emot-parrot:

If the Canucks don't get a top 6 playmaking forward this offseason I think that Booth and Burrows should switch spots in the lineup to provide the second line with someone will pass the puck. Burrows, I think, would take the role as the "playmaker" on that second line and hopefully keep that line consistent. Of course this only works if Booth and the Sedins find chemistry together which is a bit of concern because Booth doesn't seem to play the cycle game that much but it's worth the try I think.

Bull cookies!

Watch how big defensive pairs and forward lines manhandle the Twins/Burrows. Anyone notice them disappear against Boston? Nashville? And we are left vulnerable because we cant put them on the ice in defensive situations. Its not that they are bad defensively, its that they are too small to play against certain match ups!

I don't know why everybody wants to mess with the first line. Burrows and the Sedins work. It's the second line that needs to be addressed.

If it works great, although I would prefer Burrows with the Sedins and Gillis adds another top 6 winger to play with Booth and Kesler. Both of whom had off years, and still they showed potential to be great. One full (healthy) year will be a big bonus for both of them.

I would like to see Booth traded.

This is not because he is useless (he's patently not......not in our team anyway :) ) but because I feel the way he plays is not going to benefit us in the long run imo.

I didn't like the trade in the first place. I wanted to keep Sammy because he was a means of keeping our options open and our cash in our pocket. Sammy was very good here.........observe what he has done and where he is now........proof enough. We would now have had the option of letting Sammy go and using Booth's salary to get Perry / Weber / Suter.

Booth is robust........and greedy. I would like to see someone who can put up points, who would interact with the Twins AND would be some kind of known "pushback" threat............my example is Perry, but I've seen Doan mentioned and there is also someone like Ryan, Ladd, etc.

Burrows is fine.........wherever he plays.

He is a team player and in my book is an underpaid star of this team. How we can justify $4.2 for Booth and $2+ for Burr is a scandal. Burrows is the ultimate "play with" player Booth is the ultimate selfish player...........end of story.

Why fix what isn't broken?

The Sedin line is the one part of this team that is functioning fine. Yes, they had a bit of a lull last year offensively, but when the secondary scoring isn't there, teams can target one line and put a halt to the whole team.

In my mind, it's the second line that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately Kesler has been hit with the injury bug the past couple of seasons. I think he may have come back last year a little early and just couldn't perform at 100%. I think he resorted to the diving (which isn't his game) because he couldn't get into the physical style that makes him successful; He was still hurting. Not knowing what to do, he tried to draw penalties by diving instead of driving. It was obvious because he's not used to diving and it showed. I think once he's back to 100%, he will return to his old style and be successful once again.

I believe he and Booth can succeed as a line as long as MG finds them a winger that can take advantage of their aggressive, drive to the net style. Someone that passes first and shoots later. This is where a guy like Lupul would shine. He has a great pass and can still put a few in himself. No, he isn't the most physical guy in the league, but I don't believe the second line should be all about pounding the opposition. Being able to provide effective secondary scoring is more important. I'm not saying Lupul should be that guy, but someone like him.

If the second line can get going, it would give the opposition two lines to worry about rather than one. Most teams don't have the depth to deal with this.

The reason that Alex Burrows works so well with the sedans is that he digs for the puck in the corners, passes to a twin and then goes straight to the net, it's not complicated. No other player on this team does it better than Burr. The reason that Bernier, Pyatt or Booth didn't work so well is that these guys do not work hard along the boards like burr. The key to the Sedins success to to pair them with someone who can win the puck deep in the offensive zone, then let them worry about cycling it. Booth's game is more about driving to the net with the puck.

Archived