Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Slow News Day] Luongo looking for new home in Toronto!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

Twitter's basically exploded into a nasty game of Broken Telephone with everyone and their dog just retweeting the same link(s) to Luongo's radio interview yesterday, but I did manage to catch this little tidbit amongst the mess of "not-news" - this thread's guaranteed to get locked, but I'm bored and some of us could probably use a laugh...

http://www.insidetor...tonians-to-trap

Perhaps he accepted a trade on the condition that he get an extra treat on game days and no more baths?
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#2 vancitykid

vancitykid

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Find a window and jump

#3 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

I doubt Luongo would want to leave Vancouver to go to Toronto. His wife would not approve.
Posted Image
Thanks to Hockey_Crazy for the sig!

#4 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Funny name for the cat.

#5 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

your right..... it really is a slow news day :picard:
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,967 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Felix the Cat will return as a robot saviour for the laffs, you heard it here first.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#7 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

I really hope we don't make a trade with Toronto.

#8 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

LOL

"He is also affectionate - he will purr while you hold him in your arms, loves to be petted and cuddles up with you on the couch or sits on your lap. When guests visit, Luongo will entertain and impress them with his friendliness and will choose to sit on an admiring guest's lap. It's hard not to fall in love with this charmer who loves human companionship."

never knew luongo was such a people person
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#9 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Some of these responses...........did people even read the article?

MEOW

G4fSut.gif

#10 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,014 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Just like when Gaborik supposedly bought a house in Vancouver.. :picard:
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#11 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

No wonder Lu has so much trouble closing the 5 hole....poor guy's been neutered.
Posted Image

#12 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

[Slow News Day]... thats a NEW one :bigblush:

#13 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Find a window and jump

that is never funny. Have some decency, some people have been affected by loved ones committing suicide. Never funny!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#14 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Some of these responses...........did people even read the article?

MEOW

Definitely a few who won't read it and a few more that'll get all bent out of shape over it. Despite the "Slow News Day" tag I included, I'll still get the "OMG just die, already!!!1!!" responses from the ones repeatedly hitting refresh on a webpage somewhere in hopes of having something new to talk about. The offseason is a cruel mistress, LOL.

That cat's pretty bitchin' though, eh?
Posted Image

#15 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

that is never funny. Have some decency, some people have been affected by loved ones committing suicide. Never funny!!!

i love it when people are offended because someone might be offended by what he said...

pathetic - look at any comedy nowadays.... if you don't want to be offended - GET OFF THE INTERNET, or throw yourself out a window
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#16 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Just like when Gaborik supposedly bought a house in Vancouver.. :picard:

way to read the article :picard:

#17 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Like the entire Canuck fan base.

Rest In Peace Rick.

#18 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

i love it when people are offended because someone might be offended by what he said...

pathetic - look at any comedy nowadays.... if you don't want to be offended - GET OFF THE INTERNET, or throw yourself out a window

Far from offended, but I'll admit I'm concerned by the fact that vancitykid wasn't more specific...

Am I supposed to jump THROUGH the window or do I just jump up and down once I find one? Does it need to be open or closed in the event that I have to jump through it? If the window's only on the first floor, does that still count?

So many unanswered questions!! Oh noes!!
Posted Image

#19 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Good comment. Something we all should remember. I can sometimes share that dark sense of humour, but you have to know your audience. This is a very PUBLIC forum fellas.

#20 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

IBT Luongo has found a home in Toronto and a deal is imminent :lol:

#21 The Läck Ness Monster

The Läck Ness Monster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

He's kinda got a point man, there's definitely other ways to be funny. I used to make Sandusky jokes online all the time, until a couple of months ago when one of my closest friends shared in confidence, well, what happened in his past. And I felt like an absolute piece of s*** about it for weeks after. You never know what's gonna affect someone, and maybe people who need cruel humor to have a laugh don't really need one anyways.

#22 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,005 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

What's with the new tags people are coming up with? Lol.

307mg00.jpg

#23 Allt svartnar

Allt svartnar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

I was expecting this thread to be stupid - I was wrong! Great thread indeed.
last.fm | "så kunde därav intet annat följa än allmogens och gemene mans ruin och undergång"

#24 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Just curious what your thought process is. You're sitting at your keyboard staring at the pinned "All Luongo rumours & speculation goes here" thread and decide that your post shouldn't go in there because:

a) Your info is far too important to stick at the end of a pinned thread where it might get burried, and you're so concerned that the rest of us on CDC might miss out on your very important information that you feel it deserves its own thread...moderator's pinned thread be damned...or

B) You're just trolling.

My choice is made. Now all we need to do is wait for the lock!

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#25 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Just curious what your thought process is. You're sitting at your keyboard staring at the pinned "All Luongo rumours & speculation goes here" thread and decide that your post shouldn't go in there because:

a) Your info is far too important to stick at the end of a pinned thread where it might get burried, and you're so concerned that the rest of us on CDC might miss out on your very important information that you feel it deserves its own thread...moderator's pinned thread be damned...or

B) You're just trolling.

That's an epic fail right there! :lol:
Posted Image

#26 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

B) You're just trolling.

Jesus, stfu already. Is this really a huge deal??

Adorable name for a cat by the way! Hahahaaa

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#27 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Let's not go too far with the jokes.
Posted Image

#28 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Glad some people here got the humor, but this thread of mine still fails due to the ones who feel a need to be offended by anything and everything they see on the Internet. FYI, if I'm not getting bent outta shape over vancity telling me to "find a window and jump" then maybe you should take that as a sign that YOU don't need to (over)react to it, either.

For those of you that can't accept such advice and still feel a need to speak out, I have a simple suggestion: Put down the computer and start volunteering for a charity related to whatever subject you find so offensive, rather than just clogging up the boards with your overinflated sense of (self)righteousness. Armchair activists are the last thing our society needs!

EDIT: LOL @ this thread getting moved from the Trades, etc forum to White Noise - should fit right in! I guess now it'll wind up getting locked for sure...

Edited by stuckinontario, 07 July 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

#29 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

:picard:
Posted Image

#30 brownky

brownky

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

I think he was just trying to get people to open a window and play "Jump" by Van Halen through that now-open window.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.