The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van- Ana Van-Fla (big canadian line attempt 2)

To Van:

Devante Smith-Pelly, Ana 3rd round pick (2013)

To Ana:

Jordan Schroeder, Darren Archibald

To Van:

Quinton Howden, Jose Theodore, Florida 1st round pick (2013)

To Fla:

Luongo, Rights to Mason Raymond

Sign Peter Mueller

SP77= Smith-Pelly

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Mueller

Higgins Lappy Hansen

SP77 Howden Kassian

Malhotra

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Schnieder

Theodore

I don't think Anaheim would go for it.

Archibald and the 3rd are probably near equal value, but Smith-Pelley has already proven he can handle a regular NHL shift, and he is 2 years younger than Schroeder is. Even with their holes at centre I can't see them making that swap.

how about

To Van:

Zack Phillips, 4th round pick

To Min:

Schroeder

Schroeder would be going back to play where he grew up and we would get a bigger younger foward who showed he can play make and snipe.... (little bias because I played hockey with Zack Phillips)

how about

To Van:

Zack Phillips, 4th round pick

To Min:

Shroeder

Scroeder would be going back to play where he grew up and we would get a bigger younger foward who showed he can play make and snipe.... (little bias because I played hockey with Zack Phillips)

The only reason I could see Minny taking it is because they seem to have a soft spot for home grown talent. If Schroeder wasn't a Minnesota Hockey product, they might be more weary to accept.

Plus Phillips had an off year in the Q, but that was almost 100% due to the fact another Minnesota prospect (Charlie Coyle) came to his team and took away some of his ice-time.

I think Anaheim might like having Schreoder and Palmieri playing together, former World Junior teammates, (not sure if they were on the same line though)

And I'm not sure that I want to give up on Schreoder yet. Either way we may need to add a bit more to the deal.

And we could get more in the Florida deal.

I think Anaheim might like having Schreoder and Palmieri playing together, former World Junior teammates, (not sure if they were on the same line though)

And I'm not sure that I want to give up on Schreoder yet. Either way we may need to add a bit more to the deal.

And we could get more in the Florida deal.

I'll just copy what I posted in the other thread...

Ummm, Schroeder is looking like a bust. A major bust. Think Patrick White kind of bust.

He's had years to show something - anything - in the AHL, yet hasn't shown much of anything at all. He literally needs to score almost twice as much before he has a shot at the big leagues...

His trade value is near zero.

Archived