43 replies to this topic

#1 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Min has been all about getting Home Talent this year so what a purpose is we trade them Schroeder who was born in Min... i said this in another forum of mine but I want to see some discussion of just this trade

To Van:
Zack Phillips

To Min:
Jordan Schroeder

we get a talented bigger Canadian who has shown a lot of promise.. had an off year with the seadogs but could be a great project for MG to work on

Jensen Phillips Kassian
Naslund Morrison Bertuzzi

#2 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Really good idea, but I still think Phillips is worth more than Shroeder.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#3 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

I can't see Minnesota pulling the trigger on this deal

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#4 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

yes i agree but him being a home grown talent i think that Min would bite... even if we had to put in a little extra i would be down

#5 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

I can't see Minnesota pulling the trigger on this deal

we could do a little tweaking to make it happen

#6 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

I think we need to keep Schroeder who is more NHL ready than Phillips to fill in for Kesler for the first couple months.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

That's why proposals never work on here because there's a million different people saying it wont work because THEY think so and so is worth more/less than so and so.

If you can actually see into the future and what trades occurred then post them on here prior to them actually happening, you would still get people saying that it wouldn't happen.
Posted Image

#8 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

That's why proposals never work on here because there's a million different people saying it wont work because THEY think so and so is worth more/less than so and so.

If you can actually see into the future and what trades occurred then post them on here prior to them actually happening, you would still get people saying that it wouldn't happen.

Very true because Hodgson was worth more than Kassian.. but who knows in the future it could be the other way around

#9 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

It's my opinion, buddy. This whole section is for discussing trading scenarios. If everyone agreed to every proposal, this section would be boring.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#10 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

I think we need to keep Schroeder who is more NHL ready than Phillips to fill in for Kesler for the first couple months.

Mueller if we get him will take Keslers spot...

#11 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

It's my opinion, buddy. This whole section is for discussing trading scenarios. If everyone agreed to every proposal, this section would be boring.

I agree with your opinion In my mind i would rather have Phillips than schroeder so it might take more it might not who knows it could be another hodgson Kassian deal.... we also may need to move a defensemen instead of schroeder because on Mins roster right now they have 16 fowards

#12 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

I know. I didn't mean to sound like I was getting at you or anything.
Posted Image

#13 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Very true because Hodgson was worth more than Kassian.. but who knows in the future it could be the other way around

Yes. And while CDC may think a certain trade is perfect for both teams, in reality it's not even close to what management on either side wants. And vice versa. Of course I'm stating the obvious here. This part of the forum is just for fun and speculation but the speculation is woefully inaccurate all the time
Posted Image

#14 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Yes. And while CDC may think a certain trade is perfect for both teams, in reality it's not even close to what management on either side wants. And vice versa. Of course I'm stating the obvious here. This part of the forum is just for fun and speculation but the speculation is woefully inaccurate all the time

lol for sure but for some reason MG has been looking at getting canadian players so i have a feeling that he will get either Howden,Phillips or Smith-Pelly idk why i feel like he will but i do

#15 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

lol for sure but for some reason MG has been looking at getting canadian players so i have a feeling that he will get either Howden,Phillips or Smith-Pelly idk why i feel like he will but i do

Fair enough. An educated prediction is educated! It makes more sense than some people throwing garbage out and expect a star in return. Quantity does not usually equal quality. Or you know, trading Luongo for example to a team where goaltending isn't even close to being an issue for them
Posted Image

#16 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

Fair enough. An educated prediction is educated! It makes more sense than some people throwing garbage out and expect a star in return. Quantity does not usually equal quality. Or you know, trading Luongo for example to a team where goaltending isn't even close to being an issue for them

or to a team he does not desire to go like columbus.....

#17 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Agreed

zackass.png

#18 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Agreed

may i ask why you guys love Schroeder so much? he is super small and wasn't even that great in the AHL what makes you think he will produce in the NHL against 5'11-6'7 men?

#19 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Ummm, Schroeder is looking like a bust. A major bust. Think Patrick White kind of bust.

He's had years to show something - anything - in the AHL, yet hasn't shown much of anything at all. He literally needs to score almost twice as much before he has a shot at the big leagues...

His trade value is near zero.
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#20 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Ummm, Schroeder is looking like a bust. A major bust. Think Patrick White kind of bust.

He's had years to show something - anything - in the AHL, yet hasn't shown much of anything at all. He literally needs to score almost twice as much before he has a shot at the big leagues...

he has trade value he would fit in a dif team just not with us

#21 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

:picard: Yeah.. 21 goals and 44 points for an undersized 20/21 year old playing the pro game is really nothing and He was 3rd in scoring on the Wolves this year.

I really don't know where your getting this asumption from? there's no logic behind this at all. He's a good player, people come at it there own pace, and if you expected him to be NHL ready at this stage when we drafted him you have alot to learn about prospects.

And he's done better than Cody did in the AHL.

may i ask why you guys love Schroeder so much? he is super small and wasn't even that great in the AHL what makes you think he will produce in the NHL against 5'11-6'7 men?

For the reasons I said in my other post (in the other thread, the one that I copied from the Schroeder thread).

As I said just now to BloodyNuckes up here, he wasn't expected to be ready at this stage and I'm not surprised at all that he hasn't played in the NHL, just because some people take longer than other's doesn't mean that they still wont be good players.

And I'm not that worried about his size because of his strength, he's a very strong player.

In a way this is just another example of Canuck fans pushing the panic button too early.

zackass.png

#22 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

:picard: Yeah.. 21 goals and 44 points for an undersized 20/21 year old playing the pro game is really nothing and He was 3rd in scoring on the Wolves this year.

I really don't know where your getting this asumption from? there's no logic behind this at all. He's a good player, people come at it there own pace, and if you expected him to be NHL ready at this stage when we drafted him you have alot to learn about prospects.

And he's done better than Cody did in the AHL.

For the reasons I said in my other post (in the other thread, the one that I copied from the Schroeder thread).

As I said just now to BloodyNuckes up here, he wasn't expected to be ready at this stage and I'm not surprised at all that he hasn't played in the NHL, just because some people take longer than other's doesn't mean that they still wont be good players.

And I'm not that worried about his size because of his strength, he's a very strong player.

In a way this is just another example of Canuck fans pushing the panic button too early.

well in my opinion Zack Phillips would be a great fit in van and i think MG is realizing some of his mistakes in the draft trading Hodgson for Kassian and i could for sure see him trading Schroeder for Phillips it just makes sense for the team Phillips is just more of a complete player and was one of the reasons that huberdeau has been successful of course i do realize that Huberdeau played a big reason for Phillips success but i can really see Phillips and Kassian having great chemistry

#23 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

well in my opinion Zack Phillips would be a great fit in van and i think MG is realizing some of his mistakes in the draft trading Hodgson for Kassian and i could for sure see him trading Schroeder for Phillips it just makes sense for the team Phillips is just more of a complete player and was one of the reasons that huberdeau has been successful of course i do realize that Huberdeau played a big reason for Phillips success but i can really see Phillips and Kassian having great chemistry

I would still take Schreoder.

Your right Phillips is a more complete player but we already have a player like that. Brendan Gaunce. We have been getting bigger everywhere, but it takes more than just big players to win.

You need skill players like Schroeder, and I still think he could be a very impactful player. I think he's a game breaking offensive player, he won't put up 40-50 goals but I could see 25-30, and as I said I think he is a game breaking player, and a dangerous player. Someone who can bury whenever he gets the oppertunity.

For right now I would keep Schroder and see what he can do.

zackass.png

#24 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

I would still take Schreoder.

Your right Phillips is a more complete player but we already have a player like that. Brendan Gaunce. We have been getting bigger everywhere, but it takes more than just big players to win.

You need skill players like Schroeder, and I still think he could be a very impactful player. I think he's a game breaking offensive player, he won't put up 40-50 goals but I could see 25-30, and as I said I think he is a game breaking player, and a dangerous player. Someone who can bury whenever he gets the oppertunity.

For right now I would keep Schroder and see what he can do.

good point about gaunce but idk i just don't know how long Schroeder will be a Canuck and maybe getting Phillips out of him will be good for both him and us

#25 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

good point about gaunce but idk i just don't know how long Schroeder will be a Canuck and maybe getting Phillips out of him will be good for both him and us

I would just stick with what we have

zackass.png

#26 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I would just stick with what we have

so you would rather have Schroeder who will not play in the nhl next year?

because if we get Mueller there is no way that schroeder gets any ice time instead

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Mueller
Higgins Lappy Hansen
Phillips Malhotra Kassian

#27 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

so you would rather have Schroeder who will not play in the nhl next year?

because if we get Mueller there is no way that schroeder gets any ice time instead

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Mueller
Higgins Lappy Hansen
Phillips Malhotra Kassian

We wouldn't put Phillips in the NHL either, it doesn't make any sense to put him on the 4th line just so he is in the NHL, I would much rather have him getting top 6 minutes in the AHL.

and Schroeder will get a shot either way (not to mention he's more NHL ready than Phillips). He will take Kesler's spot, and if he plays well he will stay, if he doesn't he will be sent down.

Gillis always says that anyone has a chance to make the team and that he would put 1-way contracts in the minors and that's no different here.

zackass.png

#28 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm not so sure if there's a lot of love for Schroeder, but among the Canucks faithful, I think there is a lot hope for him, as there is with most early draft picks.

Schroeder has spent the last two seasons retooling his pro game to be an effective two-way player who can be relied upon in all three zones of the ice. On this front, based on what I've seen and read, he's made decent strides. Self-admittedly, he had a lot to learn and hopefully this past season gave him the opportunity to position himself to play in the big leagues.

He seems to have always had decent/natural offensive skills, so hopefully he hasn't lost much of this part of his game. He doesn't have NHL size, but many say that he has NHL strength. After two years of development, I would be surprised if he wasn't a better pro player today, and that he's marketability is measurably better than when he broke into the pro ranks. With that in mind, I would think that Schroeder is a more valuable asset today than two years ago -- and if that's in a Canucks jersey or as a tradeable commodity, it's good for the Canucks.

Like all young players, he needs the opportunity to succeed/fail at the major league level...I hope he shows enough at camp to be given that opportunity with the Canucks.

Edited by disisdayear, 07 July 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#29 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

We wouldn't put Phillips in the NHL either, it doesn't make any sense to put him on the 4th line just so he is in the NHL, I would much rather have him getting top 6 minutes in the AHL.

and Schroeder will get a shot either way (not to mention he's more NHL ready than Phillips). He will take Kesler's spot, and if he plays well he will stay, if he doesn't he will be sent down.

Gillis always says that anyone has a chance to make the team and that he would put 1-way contracts in the minors and that's no different here.

which would mean Phillips would have a chance at making the team too and who knows he could be beast next year. he could very well be NHL ready he could even be more NHL ready then Schroeder although to get phillips we would probably have to give a solid deefensive prospect instead of schroeder as Min has 16 nhl fowards already

#30 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

which would mean Phillips would have a chance at making the team too and who knows he could be beast next year. he could very well be NHL ready he could even be more NHL ready then Schroeder although to get phillips we would probably have to give a solid deefensive prospect instead of schroeder as Min has 16 nhl fowards already

I doubt Phillips is more NHL ready, he hasn't played in any pro league, he has been playing against boys in Junior.

Schreoder has actually been through 2 seasons in the pro game and has adjusted to the differenes of playing against men.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.