The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

A newborn states for the record there is no God? lol :frantic:

How about nobody is born an Atheist or believer in God. They have no idea. Agnostic. You need to put your FAITH in being an Atheist or Believer or you remain an Agnostic.

'Indoctrination into Religion ' as in brainwashing aka INSULT.

Fail.

Atheists cannot debate without the insults.

You know we are indoctrinated into anything and everything in our society. English Language. TV . Internet. Everything basically.

Good point.

In fact, a child is absorbing and being indoctrinated on every level right from birth (language, behaviour, social interaction, etc.). Without proper indoctrination, a child can suffer permanent damage, even becoming feral.

I've always found the "babies aren't religious" argument completely empty - foolish, even.

I didn't say I feel sorry for "atheists" - I said I felt sorry for Scorp. Plus I try not to stereotype nor generalize.

I'm glad you believe you're free - I'm free as well.

Mathew Vines doesn't "manipulate" the Bible - he gives his interpretation over certain scriptures in it.

There's no magic, no voodoo...

I also pointed a link to the transcript of that video - you can skim that if you don't want to watch the video.

I'm glad you're not in a cult - neither am I.

I'm not easily persuaded neither - took me 42 years before I became a Christian.

How can you interprete what's said about homosexuality in the bible differently than its already said? I don't want to watch the video, it's too long.

But when something is said in such poor taste, I can't possibly find a way to spin it into sounding 'alright'

But that's cool... Im sure someone could make a positive message to hitlers doings if they tried hard enough, and had the right audience.

How can you interprete what's said about homosexuality in the bible differently than its already said? I don't want to watch the video, it's too long.

But when something is said in such poor taste, I can't possibly find a way to spin it into sounding 'alright'

But that's cool... Im sure someone could make a positive message to hitlers doings if they tried hard enough, and had the right audience.

A newborn states for the record there is no God? lol :frantic:

How about nobody is born an Atheist or believer in God. They have no idea. Agnostic. You need to put your FAITH in being an Atheist or Believer or you remain an Agnostic.

'Indoctrination into Religion ' as in brainwashing aka INSULT.

Fail.

Atheists cannot debate  without the insults.

You know we are  indoctrinated into anything and everything in our society. English Language. TV . Internet. Everything basically.

Newborns do not have the capacity to make the choice to believe or not. They cannot believe in God or determine that they have the absence of belief. They dont know.

They are definitely 'not worrying about it' so by your own definition they are Agnostic.

Only people who choose of their own free will that there is no God are atheists. You cant decide for them in advance.

You cant decide for newborns what they believe in or not before they can form their own choice. That's really uncool to use them in that way.

Your post is interesting . The source information was taken from a guy who obviously is not a fan of Christians so its hard to find any objective conclusions in it.

In several places he assaults and rips apart Christians and their belief structure. He is likewise very generous in his personal insults to Christians as well. The piece is amusing.

However, it does not prove there is no God. It does prove he hates Christians and I assume you do or you would not have found that biased source to serve up.

I still have not seen an argument put forth by an Atheist that there is no God without ripping Christians apart.

Its like they become an Atheist so they have a licence to rip others apart. It is unattractive. Same as going down to the DMV to get a drivers licence.

They put a lot of faith in ripping others apart. It is a form of faith. I think its way too negative for me. I reject it soundly.

Anyone who wants to make a case against God without ripping Christians down, state your case.

So far all we got is further proof of my point Atheists live to rip others apart. I suggest they renounce this practice and try to become more positive.

An Atheist is someone who states there is no God. They put NO faith at all into a Deity.

They have 'expanded' versions of Atheism to include subsections but it seem political to me You can expand each Religious group and each Agnostic group if you wish.

The basic tenants of the three groups are these.

Faith based. - Folks believing in God Gods

Agnostics - Folks who cant say either way and spend little time dwelling on it.

Atheists - Folks stating there is no God

So instead of putting down people of faith using negativity, how about espousing the joys of being an Atheist.

Tell everyone here how great it is to be an Atheist and why, without putting anyone else down.

I honestly don't care if I get flamed for this,

I have a gay brother, and I am his number 1 supporter, along with my entire family and close friends, people who use the bible or religion to bring hate on someone for an uncontrollable thing, those are the people who should be ridiculed and hated upon.

Anybody who uses their "god" as an excuse to discriminate against other people, are the people who deserved to be hated.

But it's not just me - I have also seen many others' lives improve greatly by studying the bible and adopting the Christian lifestyle. Not only are their own lives better, but they become better family members and neighbours too, so others have benefited as well. On the flip-side I have also known others who once lived by the bible decide to reject it, sometimes with terrible consequences (broken families, estranged children, drug addiction, prison, dying from AIDS...). Both of these groups have included homosexuals.

Goes to show that actual scientists, actual intellectuals highly doubt such an existence. I don't have the numbers at the moment, I've been trying to find the specific quote with a source that I heard the other day, but it's an overwhelming majority of the scientific community that disregard any sort of God. These are educated people that thoroughly understand how the world and the universe works to an extent and they are simply looking for the truth.Then you have a tax fraud with no actual science degree spouting off nonsense and claiming it to be the truth and completely disregards science that goes against the bible. Sounds like someone has very little to no credibility at all.

Archived