The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

I have several view on this issue and more. It doesn't mean my views are any more than subjective even though I do try to be as objective as one can in matters such as these.

I can't wrap my head around any logic that states there is anything wrong with ones sexual orientation. Its not a 'right or wrong' thing. Its a preference.

I can't understand why anyone would quote a 4000 year old Jewish history text as word for word gospel on matters going on in 2012. The world was much different back then and thus so was the written conjecture .

I dont see where Jesus states anything wrong with homosexuality at all. His followers try to define it afterwards.

Most of all , I don't see how using outdated hyperbole in the Bible proves there is no God. I find it impossible to prove their is a God or isn't a God. It all depends on what we want to believe. Its a matter of faith. There are many faiths and many Christians who do not take any marching orders from the old testament.

As parents...we have to let our children go once they reach a certain level of development...What if god has simply let us go? Let us as the human race figure things out for ourselves?

Tough love?

I think a lot of us are surface scanning the topic right now. As a loving parent...you have to let your children go out and figure life out on their own...So who is to say that we aren't in such a process?

I'm not hugely religious...I believe in a higher power...but not so much base that on scriptures, with every belief nailed to a line here or there. Just playing devil's advocate to some of the "if there was a god, this wouldn't happen" etc.

But how can this be the infallible, divine, inspired word of "God" if you can apply your own interpretations to disregard however much of the Bible?

Even though contemporary evolution of logic of some Christians is welcome in acknowledging the natural state of sexuality, answer should still be obvious as to why this Bible mess is re-interpreted, re-defined fiction.

If there was a god he wouldn't allow it.

What about natural disasters, disease, etc..?

As I said before a god of his own people certainly shouldn't allow a child's parents to be killed in a disaster, war, disease, etc... so he or she is then orphaned and unloved.

In a world with a God there would be no problems.

Religious people have excuses for everything. Not answers, just excuses. My favorite is when they use " God works in mysterious ways" to explain off horrible events.

Christians go to church and live their lives in the belief that god is actively playing a hands on role in each of their lives. If they live according to the Bible and pray often, god will take care of them. If that's true, how can they explain horrible tragedies that befall them?

I'll never forget a story a few years back of a mudslide that wiped out a church full of Christians. Many men. women and children died.

Why would their loving god allow that to happen?

The problem is Control.

In the old day's, people wanted children to be their virtual slaves, so they must stop homosexuality at all costs.

Nowadays, children are no longer needed for labour, and have become mere trophy's of success and prosperity in a sense, and so nowadays these same sick groups want to promote homosexuality at all costs.

It's all about power, and who get's to inherit and control the world. People should be free to do what's right for them, and everyone, especially the promoters of either side, should just mind their own damn selves. Live and let live.

What if god is being a human for the last ten thousand years? What if god is in front of you, invisible, going "I'm not touching you" with his finger in your face? What if what if what if nobody cared what delusional minds think?

That would mean that God used to protect us from harm, but he doesnt bother anymore.

I cant see any reason to think that we were safer in the past from plagues, famine and disasters.

The whole idea of a single God has only been around for the last few thousand years anyway, so its a little paradoxical in that respect. I think Egypt might have been one of the first, with the Pharaohs being considered living Gods and all.

Well, not necessarily. The idea that "our creator" is letting us figure it out on our own, doesn't have to imply that he formerly did not.

I would separate creator from gods...as, well imo "gods" were aliens.

Sure, there is no hard proof...but there sure are a lot of pieces that can be pieced together to form that belief. I know it's not a popular idea, but it answers a lot of questions.

800px-Akhenaten%2C_Nefertiti_and_their_children.jpg

Why not?

Man chose to disobey - man chose to "do it my way"...

Anyways - this isn't the God Thread - this thread is about The Bible and homosexuality - and how the Bible isn't against it.

Well, not necessarily. The idea that "our creator" is letting us figure it out on our own, doesn't have to imply that he formerly did not.

I would separate creator from gods...as, well imo "gods" were aliens.

Sure, there is no hard proof...but there sure are a lot of pieces that can be pieced together to form that belief. I know it's not a popular idea, but it answers a lot of questions.

I'll never forget a story a few years back of a mudslide that wiped out a church full of Christians. Many men. women and children died.

Why would their loving god allow that to happen?

Because he/she/it has a strange sense of humour?

Why not?

Man chose to disobey - man chose to "do it my way"...

Anyways - this isn't the God Thread - this thread is about The Bible and homosexuality - and how the Bible isn't against it.

Weren't you suggesting "god" leaving humans to fend for themselves was like leaving a five year old to fend for themselves?

I was pointing out that we've been around in this species for 50,000 years.

Can you just stop? It's embarassing.

• Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

• Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

• 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

• Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Your lies are as transparent as the bible is disgusting.

Archived