The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but if you would have done us the common courtesy by justifying your argument instead of just repeatedly saying that a post was "garbage" and that our justification for it was "foolish" then none of this would have been necessary.

We're all stubborn humans that are not accepting of others, that's for sure.

The truth is religion is a FANTASTIC idea, it just will never work in this world with these people. The way we twisted the bible to manipulate people is repulsive.

What do you mean BB?

That isn't humor or made up.. Its actually true. This is what some Ugandan's believe so they can get gays to be executed... Just because it was mocked and used as humor through the internet doesn't mean its not a valid video, it truly makes me sick how these people think gays act like this.

Also if you read the rest of the thread you'd realize I was having a mature discussion, so don't jump the gun, it seems to be a continuing theme with you, too quick to judge before reading into the thread.

So my eyes roll at you. :rolleyes:

But who created man..? Apparently God did?

So the REAL question is why would god allow man to kill another man? If God allows men to kill other innocent men then what kind of God is this? Some man who likes messed up humor? I don't see any logic..?

I respect people's beliefs I just want to understand why a "Creator" would allow this.

No religion isn't even a fantastic idea really...not if one really thinks it out. It's a nice idea but taking in all the variables it's just awful.

A hard lined insecure atheist however is no different than a hard lined insecure theists. Seen both of that in this thread...in general.

y'all think you're right....y'all are stupid.

I'm of the mind that God doesn't much care which hole you stick it in. As long as its consensual, and no children or animals are harmed in the process.

Also, somewhat off-topic but I don't feel it deserves its own thread. Why are God, Jesus, Angels etc. still depicted in modern Christian artwork as wearing flowing robes that fit the time period of the early Roman Empire? It seems to me, that if God is eternal, then portrayals of him or other divine characters shouldn't be limited to wearing ancient clothing. Contemporary artwork should have Jesus wearing jeans or cargo shorts. The Archangel Michael should be depicted with a machine gun or a lightsaber rather than a sword. It makes no sense to keep attributing ancient apparel with beings that are supposedly eternal.

Edit: These guys know what I'm talking about. http://news.bbc.co.u...sex/8050427.stm

Edit 2: Also, there should be black, latino, Asian, SE Asian, South Asian, Middle Eastern etc. angels. Angels shouldn't be exclusively of European stock.

I don't think there is a god, gods or all powerful uncreated creator. I also think you have a right to believe in such if you choose. That all aside however, 'the bible' is more or less a redacted, translated, modified and odd thing to base any modern decisions upon. First of all, in an original form, it applied to a small sect of folks who lived in the middle east, and secondly, we now have indoor plumbing. What does that have to do with anything? The bible has a lot of rules and concepts in it that generally were meant to keep disease at bay thousands of years ago...if god is dead and anything killed it, it was advances in plumbing. Thanks, that is all I wanted to say.

Hi. Interesting point. Its one I came across and then put a lot of thought into it. Here are my conclusions. I have tried to keep them as objective as one can in matters such as these.

I believe based on the empirical evidence, its easy not believe in a 'deity' of some kind . This makes one an 'agnostic' . I believe most if not all of us fall into this category. We cannot prove there is a God or not.

However, to take the next step as to suggest you are CONVINCED beyond any reasonable doubt there is no God is as impossible to actually prove as there is proving there is a God. We would have to scour the entire universe and know everything before we could conclusively state we found no God or high deity.

So its based on faith. Folks have faith beyond a reasonable doubt there is a God. That is a spiritual belief.

Believing there is no God is also a belief based on faith.

The biggest discovery for me is that faith is the same as energy in the universe. It cannot be destroyed or created. Its simply transferred from one form to the next.

Everyone has a set amount of faith. We put our faith in various things. . We can transfer our faith from various things to the next, but we cannot have less or more faith as a whole. Some put faith in money. Some into sex. Some into power. Most of us put a bit into a whole pile of different concepts.

Putting ones faith into proving there is NO God is a dubious task. It becomes one who rolls up there sleeve and attacks the church and people associated with a belief in God . I cannot prescribe to this mode of faith as its way too negative.

If folks want to believe in God, who am I to say they are wrong or cut them down? Agnostics dont care if people believe in God. Atheists do.

So yes, Atheists are a religious cult all unto themselves. The difference in my opinion is they live to attack others.

Hi. Interesting point. Its one I came across and then put a lot of thought into it. Here are my conclusions. I have tried to keep them as objective as one can in matters such as these.

I believe based on the empirical evidence, its easy not believe in a 'deity' of some kind . This makes one an 'agnostic' . I believe most if not all of us fall into this category. We cannot prove there is a God or not.

However, to take the next step as to suggest you are CONVINCED beyond any reasonable doubt there is no God is as impossible to actually prove as there is proving there is a God. We would have to scour the entire universe and know everything before we could conclusively state we found no God or high deity.

So its based on faith. Folks have faith beyond a reasonable doubt there is a God. That is a spiritual belief.

Believing there is no God is also a belief based on faith.

The biggest discovery for me is that faith is the same as energy in the universe. It cannot be destroyed or created. Its simply transferred from one form to the next.

Everyone has a set amount of faith. We put our faith in various things. . We can transfer our faith from various things to the next, but we cannot have less or more faith as a whole. Some put faith in money. Some into sex. Some into power. Most of us put a bit into a whole pile of different concepts.

Putting ones faith into proving there is NO God is a dubious task. It becomes one who rolls up there sleeve and attacks the church and people associated with a belief in God . I cannot prescribe to this mode of faith as its way too negative.

If folks want to believe in God, who am I to say they are wrong or cut them down? Agnostics dont care if people believe in God. Atheists do.

So yes, Atheists are a religious cult all unto themselves. The difference in my opinion is they live to attack others.

Archived