The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

Hi. Interesting point. Its one I came across and then put a lot of thought into it. Here are my conclusions. I have tried to keep them as objective as one can in matters such as these.

I believe based on the empirical evidence, its easy not believe in a 'deity' of some kind . This makes one an 'agnostic' . I believe most if not all of us fall into this category. We cannot prove there is a God or not.

However, to take the next step as to suggest you are CONVINCED beyond any reasonable doubt there is no God is as impossible to actually prove as there is proving there is a God. We would have to scour the entire universe and know everything before we could conclusively state we found no God or high deity.

So its based on faith. Folks have faith beyond a reasonable doubt there is a God. That is a spiritual belief.

Believing there is no God is also a belief based on faith.

The biggest discovery for me is that faith is the same as energy in the universe. It cannot be destroyed or created. Its simply transferred from one form to the next.

Everyone has a set amount of faith. We put our faith in various things. . We can transfer our faith from various things to the next, but we cannot have less or more faith as a whole. Some put faith in money. Some into sex. Some into power. Most of us put a bit into a whole pile of different concepts.

Putting ones faith into proving there is NO God is a dubious task. It becomes one who rolls up there sleeve and attacks the church and people associated with a belief in God . I cannot prescribe to this mode of faith as its way too negative.

If folks want to believe in God, who am I to say they are wrong or cut them down? Agnostics dont care if people believe in God. Atheists do.

So yes, Atheists are a religious cult all unto themselves. The difference in my opinion is they live to attack others.

Anyone else thinks it's pretty hilarious that the kid in the video never questions the nature of a god that, even if allowing of homosexuality today, nonetheless punished it with death?

How can a person look at this situation from the outside and think "this all makes perfect sense, god is great"?

I disagree - atheists are no more a religious cult than Christians.

Not all atheists live to attack others (very few actually) and the same for Christians.

I have many good atheist friends and family members that I get along quite well with.

Anyone else thinks it's pretty hilarious that the kid in the video never questions the nature of a god that, even if allowing of homosexuality today, nonetheless punished it with death?

How can a person look at this situation from the outside and think "this all makes perfect sense, god is great"?

I disagree, there is nothing superficial about belief systems. Without religion the world be dramatically different.

For example, without religion no one would be trying to teach intelligent design in schools as if it were on par with evolution. There would be no Bible to reconcile.

Perhaps they believe in intelligent design. I do.

I believe that intelligent design was a alien whose species EVOLVED billions of years ago and now is so advanced it can create entire galaxies and planets with a recipe to evolve as well.

Seems logical to me.

This is an excellent example of a kid on here who is intent on pointing the finger and ripping people apart. This is what Atheists do. I have met tens of thousands of agnostics in my time and thousands of atheists. Thousands of people of faith.

People of faith believe what they want. Agnostics dont care if you believe what you want. Atheists HATE that anyone believes.

Big difference between Agnostics and Atheists. Agnostics have no desire to challenge anyone on their spiritual beliefs. They place no value in arguing about it. It doesn't mean anything to them.

They certainly aren't interested in trolling other people into fights on a hockey blog.

Lets get back to the original topic.

Very astute point. I believe this very thing. I have always believed atheism is a form or religion.

The difference is that one can live on its own, the other lives to tear the other down.

Most folks I know are 'agnostic' , which is probably what we all are deep down. We have no way of knowing for sure if a God exists or not.

I tend to want to focus on the positive instead of the negative.

This is an excellent example of a kid on here who is intent on pointing the finger and ripping people apart. This is what Atheists do. I have met tens of thousands of agnostics in my time and thousands of atheists. Thousands of people of faith.

People of faith believe what they want. Agnostics dont care if you believe what you want. Atheists HATE that anyone believes.

Big difference between Agnostics and Atheists. Agnostics have no desire to challenge anyone on their spiritual beliefs. They place no value in arguing about it. It doesn't mean anything to them.

They certainly aren't interested in trolling other people into fights on a hockey blog.

Lets get back to the original topic.

Archived