322 replies to this topic

#31 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I really don't see how someone can hate another for being gay. Where does this hatred come from? Were they raised to hate against gays or is it personal choice? Or was it a bad experience with one?

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#32 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

So what are people who are not in loving and caring relationships?

Lonely?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#33 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

So what are people who are not in loving and caring relationships?

Asexuals?

(seriously though, I get what Heretic was trying to say)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Lonely?

But neither straight nor gay. Now I got it.

Asexuals?

(seriously though, I get what Heretic was trying to say)

I don't. Our sexual orientation has everything to do with sex and nothing to do with our relationships.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#35 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

What's ironic is, being gay isn't about "sex" - it's about being in a loving and caring relationship with someone of the same sex.

no matter what your sexual orientation is there are many sorts of relationships people can have . it does not have to always be a loving caring relationship even when those people are engaging in sex , ever heard of physical attraction ?

Edited by puckinloveicehockey, 07 July 2012 - 07:22 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#36 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

no matter what your sexual orientation is there are many sorts of relationships people can have . it does not have to always be a loving caring relationship even when those people are engaging in sex , ever heard of physical attraction ?

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#37 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Yes - and exactly my point.

http://en.wikipedia...._attractiveness

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#38 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

I don't. Our sexual orientation has everything to do with sex and nothing to do with our relationships.

I think he was trying to say that all the focus is put on sex for homosexuals and the deep romantic relationships get ignored.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#39 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

But neither straight nor gay. Now I got it.

No it doesn't - some of it yes - but not "everything" - did you watch the video? If yes, then you should have got that...

Contrary to what I may have said in the past, I now believe that people are born gay.
Some of them, have heterosexual relationships - and enjoy the "sex" part of those relationships...and some no longer pursue that direction and go for homosexual relationships.

If it was "everything" to do with "sex", then that could mean people aren't born gay, that it's a choice...

Well..I agree with Mathew Vines...he did not choose to be gay.

Posted Image

#40 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Lonely?

that is a not true , while most people want to love and be loved the is a certain type of person who is quite content with their own company , while i am not one of those i can certainly understand the way they feel .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#41 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

that is a not true , while most people want to love and be loved the is a certain type of person who is quite content with their own company , while i am not one of those i can certainly understand the way they feel .

Hence my question mark....

My point is, God does not want people to be lonely - his will is that everyone is happy - and yes, there are some people that are happy to be by themselves.

Posted Image

#42 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

I really don't see how someone can hate another for being gay. Where does this hatred come from? Were they raised to hate against gays or is it personal choice? Or was it a bad experience with one?

Perspective is a product of experience. A barn is a barn, but no two people look at a barn the same way.

#43 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hence my question mark....

My point is, God does not want people to be lonely - his will is that everyone is happy - and yes, there are some people that are happy to be by themselves.

Why does he allow famine, cancer, war, etc etc?
I've always wondered.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#44 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

I've always wondered.

Exactly?

Why would a god want a children's parents to be killed so he is orphaned and unloved?
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#45 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

I've always wondered.

I don't know the answer but perhaps these types of things are meant to help us grow...Spiritually...?

Edited by Navyblue, 07 July 2012 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image

#46 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

I don't know the answer but perhaps these types of things are meant to help us grow...Spiritually...?

What's the point of growing spiritually if your daughter died of cancer? :huh:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

#47 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

What's the point of growing spiritually if your daughter died of cancer? :huh:

Boom.
Posted Image

#48 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

The point? I don't know...I don't know the point of living...

I do believe the "bad" things that happen to us are opportunities to grow spiritually.
Posted Image

#49 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

I do believe the "bad" things that happen to us are opportunities to grow spiritually.

Or maybe its just "You learn from your mistakes" not "My friend was killed by a drunk driver, now I'll be stronger" :huh:

Either way "spiritually" does not work in this sense.
Posted Image

#50 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

I'd rather not grow spiritually and not have my family die in a car accident.

Edited by Jagermeister, 07 July 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

#51 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Let's not turn this into another God thread.

#52 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Let's not turn this into another God thread.

Stealth said we're allowed too!! (In feedback section)

He said we can have a God thread again but we gotta make a new one!
Posted Image

#53 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

I'd rather not grow spiritually and not have my family die in a car accident.

Of course. I'm not here to change your mind or anything, just stating the way i look at things.
Posted Image

#54 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

Stealth said we're allowed too!! (In feedback section)

He said we can have a God thread again but we gotta make a new one!

Seriously? Hold up, I'll grab my helmet and meet you in the trenches. ;)

#55 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

Idk where this misconception about Christians hating gay people comes from. They do not hate the people. Actually they love them but are not okay with what they practice. It's the same thing as vegetarians not approving people eating meat. Do they hate people who choose to eat meat? Also I am aware there are some "Christians" who do spread hate against gay, but they are few compared to the whole who don't. Thinking that these radicals actually represents all Christians' perspectives is as bad as saying all black people steal because you've seen one person do it.

Even though many Christians have no problem with gay people, its easy to see that many others are intolerant of them, so theres really no misconception to be had.

Comparing sexual orientation to diet is an interesting take on the subject, but the thing is we are omnivores by nature and we have always needed what meat provides to survive. We have no choice.

Homosexuality is also natural, and it occurs among animals in much the same way as us. Choice doesnt enter into it.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 08 July 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#56 Malaria

Malaria

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

"God loves a kind Athiest more than a hateful Christian"

Wrong. You know that saying, "Hate the sin, not the sinner" ? Well, God hates the sinner.

"For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil may not dwell with you.
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
You destroy those who speak lies;
the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man."
(Psalm 5:4-6 ESV)

Do you know her personally? I've partied with her and her friends a bunch of times and it's awkward at first, until i get drunkPosted Image

#57 Malaria

Malaria

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Even though many Christians have no problem with gay people, its easy to see that many others are intolerant of them, so theres really no misconception to be had.

Comparing sexual orientation to diet is an interesting take on the subject, but the thing is we are omnivores by nature and we have always needed what meat provides to survive. We have no choice.

Homosexuality is also natural, and it occurs among animals in much the same way as us. Choice doesnt enter into it.

I agree with the poster you quoted and I agree with what you said about homosexuality being natural. Sin is natural, it's what we are. We sin because we're sinners, we're not sinners because we sin. I know many Christians with homosexual feelings yet they understand that to act out those feelings or lust with those feelings would be wrong. They pray to be delivered from it but if they aren't delivered they understand God has a purpose for it. As Christians we're called to deny ourselves and to have self-control.

Do you know her personally? I've partied with her and her friends a bunch of times and it's awkward at first, until i get drunkPosted Image

#58 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

I've always wondered.

Why do we allow famine, cancer, war, etc etc?

Posted Image

#59 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

Why do we allow famine, cancer, war, etc etc?

Why does god allow greed, lack of knowledge, hatred, etc. etc?
You just said its gods will for us all to be happy.
Explain natural disasters, and all the awful things of the world. You're going to pin that on the human race? You're saying aids, tornados, droughts, earthquakes and so on are our fault?
Gods either totally useless, or he's a complete jerk.
And don't give me this "he wants us to grow as a race" and what not. When I have children I want them to face hardships to prepare for adulthood. I don't want them to experience hardcore bullies and gangs and cancer and everything. That's ridiculous.

Edited by Stefan, 08 July 2012 - 08:14 AM.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#60 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

I agree with the poster you quoted and I agree with what you said about homosexuality being natural. Sin is natural, it's what we are. We sin because we're sinners, we're not sinners because we sin. I know many Christians with homosexual feelings yet they understand that to act out those feelings or lust with those feelings would be wrong. They pray to be delivered from it but if they aren't delivered they understand God has a purpose for it. As Christians we're called to deny ourselves and to have self-control.

That makes me sad. Gay Christians are on par with poor Republicans when it comes to holding detrimental beliefs. How can one believe god loves them if they can't be themselves? Religion is just terrible for humans.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.