The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

that is a not true , while most people want to love and be loved the is a certain type of person who is quite content with their own company , while i am not one of those i can certainly understand the way they feel .

Idk where this misconception about Christians hating gay people comes from. They do not hate the people. Actually they love them but are not okay with what they practice. It's the same thing as vegetarians not approving people eating meat. Do they hate people who choose to eat meat? Also I am aware there are some "Christians" who do spread hate against gay, but they are few compared to the whole who don't. Thinking that these radicals actually represents all Christians' perspectives is as bad as saying all black people steal because you've seen one person do it.

Even though many Christians have no problem with gay people, its easy to see that many others are intolerant of them, so theres really no misconception to be had.

Comparing sexual orientation to diet is an interesting take on the subject, but the thing is we are omnivores by nature and we have always needed what meat provides to survive. We have no choice.

Homosexuality is also natural, and it occurs among animals in much the same way as us. Choice doesnt enter into it.

I agree with the poster you quoted and I agree with what you said about homosexuality being natural. Sin is natural, it's what we are. We sin because we're sinners, we're not sinners because we sin. I know many Christians with homosexual feelings yet they understand that to act out those feelings or lust with those feelings would be wrong. They pray to be delivered from it but if they aren't delivered they understand God has a purpose for it. As Christians we're called to deny ourselves and to have self-control.

Archived