322 replies to this topic

#121 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

Sadly, I HAVE read the entire thread. And it's a repeat of the 28 Gay Debate/Religion threads that went before and the 28 Gay Debate/Religion threads that will probably follow it. Posting that sort of garbage here doesn't serve any purpose at all and only appears to promote even more stupidity in anti-gay sentiment.

That's really twisted BB..

Did you even bother reading the rest of my posts or Jager's above it.

What do you want people to do? Turn their shoulders to it and not care about what's happening the world? Should I not be allowed to share it? This is what is still happening even though the majority of society is more accepting of gays now, we still have brainwashed fools promoting hatred of gays and lesbians using the bible as their excuse. All I want to do is show what's wrong with people like them.

Do you even know the history or story behind this Homophobic priest who wanted to pass a bill so gays can be executed in Uganda. Just because the video is unintentionally funny doesn't mean its a very serious topic. So stop being ignorant and immature.

Anyone that hates gay people should make a list of 5 reasons why.
There are hundreds of other things/People that actually deserve hate.
Hating people because of their sexual orientation is like hating someone because of their eyecolor.

Honestly, you homophobes remind me of the racists back in the 50's, with their "Color mixing is wrong" its history all over again except this time its "Homosexuality is a sin" :rolleyes: I roll my eyes and laugh at these people. I pity them.

Very true.

Same thing now, we are A LOT more accepting of gays now but just like racism there are still people who are stuck in the past who believe that gays are evil twisted people. Soon as our generation takes over from the older folk, society will be A LOT better.

Edited by Armada, 08 July 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#122 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

Life goes on. There is no such thing as death. Re-incarnation is real. Your soul is who you are, not your body.

#123 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

That's really twisted BB..

Did you even bother reading the rest of my posts or Jager's above it.

What do you want people to do? Turn their shoulders to it and not care about what's happening the world? Should I not be allowed to share it? This is what is still happening even though the majority of society is more accepting of gays now, we still have brainwashed fools promoting hatred of gays and lesbians using the bible as their excuse. All I want to do is show what's wrong with people like them.

Do you even know the history or story behind this Homophobic priest who wanted to pass a bill so gays can be executed in Uganda. Just because the video is unintentionally funny doesn't mean its a very serious topic. So stop being ignorant and immature.

You obviously have not read my many posts on this board regarding this issue or you'd rein in the immature name calling. (Which you will notice, I have not resorted to.) I commented on one post of yours, that's it.

I am well-acquainted with the ignorance of the priest you refer to, commented on it previously in similar discussions as this one in the past and I have stated my reason(s) why there is no need to have posted this video which promotes anti-gay sentiments and untruths.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 08 July 2012 - 11:31 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#124 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

You obviously have not read my many posts on this board regarding this issue or you'd rein in the immature name calling. (Which you will notice, I have not resorted to.) I commented on one post of yours, that's it.

I am well-acquainted with the ignorance of the priest you refer to and I have stated my reason(s) why there is no need to have posted this video which promotes anti-gay sentiments and untruths.

So lets ignore it, is what you're saying? It seems as though you're trying to censor this thread? Should I not be able to show what's wrong with people who use the bible as an excuse to hate gays? Sorry I'm using an example of what is wrong with how people can twist the bible and manipulate people.

Basically what you're saying is lets ignore every bad thing that's going on in the world, don't learn from our mistakes and just live happily ever after.

Don't go on the attack if you can not defend. This goes back to our arguement a while ago on sensitivity, people are allowed to say what they want and express their opinions on anything they want. Don't be sensitive and ignore a serious issue regarding the bible, religion and homosexuality.

Edited by Armada, 08 July 2012 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#125 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

So lets ignore it, is what you're saying? It seems as though you're trying to censor this thread? Should I not be able to show what's wrong with people who use the bible as an excuse to hate gays? Sorry I'm using an example of what is wrong with how people can twist the bible and manipulate people.

Basically what you're saying is lets ignore every bad thing that's going on in the world, don't learn from our mistakes and just live happily ever after.

Don't go on the attack if you can not defend.

That's not what I'm saying at all. And I'm sorry you just don't seem to get that.

As I said, you seem to have missed my previous posts in similar discussions on this board or you'd realize that what you're saying is foolish in the extreme.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 08 July 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#126 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

That's not what I'm saying at all. And I'm sorry you just don't seem to get that.

As I said, you seem to have missed my previous posts in similar discussions on this board or you'd realize that what you're saying is foolish in the extreme.

You're CLEARLY saying DON'T post that video!

What is there NOT to understand. :huh:
Posted Image

#127 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

You're CLEARLY saying DON'T post that video!

What is there NOT to understand. :huh:

And again, you are clearly not getting my point at all.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 08 July 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#128 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

You did say that video was an example of why we couldn't have respectable discussions here. So what was it about that video that makes it wrong to use in an argument 100% relating to the content of it? Is it just because it is unintentionally ridiculous sounding to people in the modernized world?

Edited by Jagermeister, 08 July 2012 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image

#129 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Very weak BB..

This is what you said

Sadly, I HAVE read the entire thread. And it's a repeat of the 28 Gay Debate/Religion threads that came before it and the 28 Gay Debate/Religion threads that will probably come after it. Posting that sort of garbage here doesn't serve any purpose at all and only appears to promote even more stupidity in anti-gay sentiment.

CLEARLY you're proclaiming that it shouldn't be posted because you believe it is disrespectful yet I already defended on why this video should be posted.

If that's not why you went on the "attack" in the first place then all of this was completely unnecessary. You managed to go off-topic on a post that was originally 100% RELATED to this thread.

Edited by Armada, 08 July 2012 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image

#130 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

atheists....religious....you're all the same.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

"Matthew Vines speaks on the theological debate regarding the Bible and the role of gay Christians in the church. Delivered at College Hill United Methodist Church in Wichita, Kansas on March 8, 2012."

What an amazing young man.
This is over an hour and everyone should watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezQjNJUSraY

Christ is the basis of the new covenant.

Leviticus prohibits many things - none of which apply to Christians...
We are not subject to the "old law".

Christians need to throw out the "traditional interpretations" of the Bible.

Edit: Please watch the video before replying...

Edit 2: Here's his blog: http://matthewvines.tumblr.com/

The summary is this - the "traditional" interpretations of the Bible should not be applied.
That is, God's will is for everyone to be with someone - and if you believe in God, then you wouldn't want to go against God's will would you?
Christians should passionately and tenaciously embrace Gay Christians.
We should do the same to everyone.
Mathew Vines, a gay Christian, made me cry today...and that was a good thing.
Mathew Vines bears good fruit.

A very interesting video indeed, Heretic. Thank you for posting and my apologies for seemingly derailing your thread by questioning the posting of an anti-gay garbage video.

#132 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,054 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

I disagree. One major difference I've noticed is that atheists tend not to believe in deities, while religious people do tend to believe in them.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#133 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

We're all stubborn humans that are not accepting of others, that's for sure.

The truth is religion is a FANTASTIC idea, it just will never work in this world with these people. The way we twisted the bible to manipulate people is repulsive.

Edited by Armada, 08 July 2012 - 11:53 PM.

Posted Image

#134 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

A very interesting video indeed, Heretic. Thank you for posting and my apologies for seemingly derailing your thread by questioning the posting of a video directly having to do with the discussion in the thread.

Posted Image

#135 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Anyone who get's their credentials from a book has no experience worth mentioning.

#136 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

So apparently you are unaware of the board rules regarding editing the posts of other users when you quote them?

Edit: My mistake. It seems that quaint little rule has been stricken from the CDC Board rules but I have asked for clarification as it is extremely disrespectful to alter someone's words in a quoted post.

And for the record, the quote in whatsisname's post is NOT what I said.

A very interesting video indeed, Heretic. Thank you for posting and my apologies for seemingly derailing your thread by questioning the posting of an anti-gay garbage video.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 09 July 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#137 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Don't change the subject BB^. STAY ON TOPIC and defend your post.

Now you're just being stubborn :lol:

Is this thread not about gay's being subjected through Anti-gayness because of the bible? Cause if so my video was 100% appropriate..

Anyone who get's their credentials from a book has no experience worth mentioning.

I agree and disagree.

A book teaches knowledge but what a man can do to twist that book can be sickening and resulting in some pretty scary stuff. (Such as people believing the bible says being Gay is bad)

Edited by Armada, 08 July 2012 - 11:58 PM.

Posted Image

#138 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#139 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Don't change the subject BB^. STAY ON TOPIC and defend your post.

Now you're just being stubborn :lol:

Is this thread not about gay's being subjected through Anti-gayness because of the bible? Cause if so my video was 100% appropriate..

I agree and disagree.

A book teaches knowledge but what a man can do to twist that book can be sickening and resulting in some pretty scary stuff. (Such as people believing the bible says being Gay is bad)

Don't blame Men. Slander is a 2 way street, and in fact more than 50% of extremely serious rape charges are proven FALSE! Women are well known manipulators and liars, at best 50 % honesty. So quit dissing Men, as we are well known for our honesty! Men are taught to never hit a woman since we are children.

#140 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

So apparently you are unaware of the board rules regarding editing the posts of other users when you quote them?

Edit: My mistake. It seems that quaint little rule has been stricken from the CDC Board rules but I have asked for clarification as it is extremely disrespectful to alter someone's words in a quoted post.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but if you would have done us the common courtesy by justifying your argument instead of just repeatedly saying that a post was "garbage" and that our justification for it was "foolish" then none of this would have been necessary.
Posted Image

#141 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but if you would have done us the common courtesy by justifying your argument instead of just repeatedly saying that a post was "garbage" and that our justification for it was "foolish" then none of this would have been necessary.

You must have missed that part of my posts then. I stated the reason why. End of.

#142 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

You must have missed that part of my posts then. I stated the reason why. End of.

This is the last post I'm making related to this Bertuzzi but after I asked you to explain you basically just ignored us.

So what's your point? Is it that I shouldn't post the video cause we already justified that it should and I'd say a few people would agree with us.

Edited by Armada, 09 July 2012 - 12:32 AM.

Posted Image

#143 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

Unlike some others, I do not feel the need to state the obvious over and over again..... repeatedly..... ad nauseum.

#144 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

Unlike some others, I do not feel the need to state the obvious over and over again..... repeatedly..... ad nauseum.

Then would you care to just dumb it down a bit so simpletons like me can understand?
Because clearly what you see as obvious is too farfetched for my poor immature mind.

It would only take 5 seconds. About 30 minutes less than you've already spent arguing about how you have already said why.

Edited by Jagermeister, 09 July 2012 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image

#145 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,054 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

I don't remember you stating it even once, let alone ad nauseum.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#146 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

The truth is religion is a FANTASTIC idea, it just will never work in this world with these people. The way we twisted the bible to manipulate people is repulsive.

speak for your self mate , some of us promote empathy and kindness

In the end, it’s all about being human. It sounds cliché but it’s true: Happiness is not about money. The more we can bond with each other and connect with other people’s plights, the happier we are.”

and i not only talk the talk but i donate a reasonable amount of the wealth i generate to others , organisations that help children both in my country and in countries that do not have the quality of life we do .
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#147 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,700 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

What do you mean BB?

That isn't humor or made up.. Its actually true. This is what some Ugandan's believe so they can get gays to be executed... Just because it was mocked and used as humor through the internet doesn't mean its not a valid video, it truly makes me sick how these people think gays act like this.

Also if you read the rest of the thread you'd realize I was having a mature discussion, so don't jump the gun, it seems to be a continuing theme with you, too quick to judge before reading into the thread.

So my eyes roll at you. :rolleyes:

But who created man..? Apparently God did?

So the REAL question is why would god allow man to kill another man? If God allows men to kill other innocent men then what kind of God is this? Some man who likes messed up humor? I don't see any logic..?

I respect people's beliefs I just want to understand why a "Creator" would allow this.

Again - it's free will.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#148 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

I disagree. One major difference I've noticed is that atheists tend not to believe in deities, while religious people do tend to believe in them.

And how does that make them different as people.

I like Ketchup on my fries my wife like Mayo...whoopydoo
Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

No religion isn't even a fantastic idea really...not if one really thinks it out. It's a nice idea but taking in all the variables it's just awful.

A hard lined insecure atheist however is no different than a hard lined insecure theists. Seen both of that in this thread...in general.

y'all think you're right....y'all are stupid.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 09 July 2012 - 07:56 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#150 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

A hard lined insecure atheist however is no different than a hard lined insecure theists. Seen both of that in this thread...in general.

y'all think you're right....y'all are stupid.

Truth.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.