The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

Sadly, I HAVE read the entire thread. And it's a repeat of the 28 Gay Debate/Religion threads that went before and the 28 Gay Debate/Religion threads that will probably follow it. Posting that sort of garbage here doesn't serve any purpose at all and only appears to promote even more stupidity in anti-gay sentiment.

That's really twisted BB..

Did you even bother reading the rest of my posts or Jager's above it.

What do you want people to do? Turn their shoulders to it and not care about what's happening the world? Should I not be allowed to share it? This is what is still happening even though the majority of society is more accepting of gays now, we still have brainwashed fools promoting hatred of gays and lesbians using the bible as their excuse. All I want to do is show what's wrong with people like them.

Do you even know the history or story behind this Homophobic priest who wanted to pass a bill so gays can be executed in Uganda. Just because the video is unintentionally funny doesn't mean its a very serious topic. So stop being ignorant and immature.

You obviously have not read my many posts on this board regarding this issue or you'd rein in the immature name calling. (Which you will notice, I have not resorted to.) I commented on one post of yours, that's it.

I am well-acquainted with the ignorance of the priest you refer to and I have stated my reason(s) why there is no need to have posted this video which promotes anti-gay sentiments and untruths.

So lets ignore it, is what you're saying? It seems as though you're trying to censor this thread? Should I not be able to show what's wrong with people who use the bible as an excuse to hate gays? Sorry I'm using an example of what is wrong with how people can twist the bible and manipulate people.

Basically what you're saying is lets ignore every bad thing that's going on in the world, don't learn from our mistakes and just live happily ever after.

Don't go on the attack if you can not defend.

That's not what I'm saying at all. And I'm sorry you just don't seem to get that.

As I said, you seem to have missed my previous posts in similar discussions on this board or you'd realize that what you're saying is foolish in the extreme.

"Matthew Vines speaks on the theological debate regarding the Bible and the role of gay Christians in the church. Delivered at College Hill United Methodist Church in Wichita, Kansas on March 8, 2012."

What an amazing young man.

This is over an hour and everyone should watch this.

Christ is the basis of the new covenant.

Leviticus prohibits many things - none of which apply to Christians...

We are not subject to the "old law".

Christians need to throw out the "traditional interpretations" of the Bible.

Edit: Please watch the video before replying...

Edit 2: Here's his blog: http://matthewvines.tumblr.com/

The summary is this - the "traditional" interpretations of the Bible should not be applied.

That is, God's will is for everyone to be with someone - and if you believe in God, then you wouldn't want to go against God's will would you?

Christians should passionately and tenaciously embrace Gay Christians.

We should do the same to everyone.

Mathew Vines, a gay Christian, made me cry today...and that was a good thing.

Mathew Vines bears good fruit.

Don't change the subject BB^. STAY ON TOPIC and defend your post.

A very interesting video indeed, Heretic. Thank you for posting and my apologies for seemingly derailing your thread by questioning the posting of an anti-gay garbage video.

Don't change the subject BB^. STAY ON TOPIC and defend your post.

Now you're just being stubborn :lol:

Is this thread not about gay's being subjected through Anti-gayness because of the bible? Cause if so my video was 100% appropriate..

I agree and disagree.

A book teaches knowledge but what a man can do to twist that book can be sickening and resulting in some pretty scary stuff. (Such as people believing the bible says being Gay is bad)

So apparently you are unaware of the board rules regarding editing the posts of other users when you quote them?

Edit: My mistake. It seems that quaint little rule has been stricken from the CDC Board rules but I have asked for clarification as it is extremely disrespectful to alter someone's words in a quoted post.

Archived