The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you had the choice..

John.Tallhouse

A big, strong, skilled Canadian RW like Nash would be nice on the 1st line, no question. Don't get me wrong, Doaner is awesome too, but he's no Nash. Only way we get him (Nash) is if Cory is going to the BJ's (haha, BJ's). No way Luo is moving to a young rebuilding team, or that they'd want an aging goalie, no f'n way. So if you want Nash, it's Schnieds +++. And same goes for Ryan, pretty sure Luo won't play in Ana. So it goes: Doaner, Coli, Semin. And I don't see how MG would have any interest in Semin. Selfish russian baby.

Well if you want to split hairs then, NO Shane Doan is not a free agent yet and he did not become one on the 1st he decided to wait until July 9 to decide if he will become a free agent. either he signs in pheonix tommorow or he becomes a free agent, you obviously know what i meant, all those players arent technically free agents but they are being shopped and receiving offers like a free agent would..

Right now in terms of UFA's I'd go:

1) Kubina

2) Colaiacovo

3) Doan

4) Semin

5) Jurcina

We need depth defencemen right now who can play in case our top-4 gets injured. Right now 1 injury means Ballard's minutes are up to 20, another injury and we have a full-time AHLer playing 15 minutes a game. No thankyou. We lost a lot of depth this offseason on the blueline and those 2 AHL signings are not going to cut it.

Defence > Offence right now.

Well if you want to split hairs then, NO Shane Doan is not a free agent yet and he did not become one on the 1st he decided to wait until July 9 to decide if he will become a free agent. either he signs in pheonix tommorow or he becomes a free agent, you obviously know what i meant, all those players arent technically free agents but they are being shopped and receiving offers like a free agent would..

:picard: A free agent is a player whose contract has expired. If that's what you meant you should've stated it clearer.

BTW Doan became a free agent on July 1, when he was allowed to begin talks with other teams. You are saying he will become one on the 9th but that doesn't make sense because his contract has already expired. He said he'll sign on the 9th because obviously he needs time to think.

Archived