The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you had the choice..

John.Tallhouse

Well, right now no one would dream of signing with the Canucks because they have a full lineup unless they dump Raymond.

Burrows-H.Sedin-D.Sedin

Booth-Kesler-Raymond

Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

Weise-Malholtra-Kassian

Who would you want to move? The third line the way it is with Higgins and Hansen is good, wouldn't dream of changing the first line, I would like to see what Booth can do if he isn't interupted with an injury and Raymond is too soft to play on the fourth line if he was "demoted". But if I had to pick I would go Doan-Ryan-Nash-Colaiacovo-Semin. And as for the donuts, I like Honey Glazed, or jelly-filled.

His contract has expired but he has waived his rights as a free agent untill the 9th (in respect to the situation in pheonix), so technically he has not been a free agent and wont be untill tommorow, ..

I'm sorry but I don't understand how you can waive your rights as a FA. Doan could've signed on July 1st but opted not to in order to think. He is a FA right now but has just decided not to sign yet. He didn't waive his rights as a FA or anything.

He made a deal with pheonix not to listen to or accept any offers from other teams, thus waiving his rights as a FA untill July 9th, so technically he's only been a FA for 10minutes..

Timbit players (More work ethic and harder working than) > Semin

I'd sign both Colaiacovo and Doan if we had the room.

What's really sad is you see guys like Rick Rypien who would fight tooth and nail just to stay in the NHL and gave everything he had. Then you get Semin who has all the skills of an all-star but no passion or drive.

Dude just give it up, you made a mistake its not the end of the world. Shane Doan IS a free agent, and he has been waiting for the Phx situation to sort its self out before he signs anywhere including Phx. He made no deals, didnt give up his FA status, he simply chose to wait until atleast the 9th before making any decisions about where he will play in order to give Phx a chance to sort its self out. He's been a UFA since July 1 like every other UFA and that hasnt changed, hes simply waiting to pick a destination.

Ryan and Nash aren't and won't be free agents. Ryan is UFA on July 1, 2015. Rick Nash is a UFA on July 1st 2018.

Neither of them will be free agents at any time before those dates, the only way they could become free agents is if their teams bought them out. Rick Nash has asked to be TRADED from the Jackets, that doesnt change anything about his contract he is still signed until the end of the 2017/2018 season.

Bobby Ryan has been shopped around the league by the Ducs as TRADE bait as they look to restock their team. Again affecting nothing about his contract and wont be a UFA until the end of the 2014/2015 season.

Any more questions kiddo? k, thx.

Archived