The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] First Week of Free Agency Over: Team Needs Remaining

CanucksFanMike

@2013..Wow :wacko:

We need: One or even two top six forward(s) who will score, not another one who just skates at the net really fast and doesn't bury the puck. Depth on D and a solid back-up.

Trade: Luo, ($$ $ad to say, hate all you want, but he's the best goalie we've ever had, ever). Ballard, Mayray ( because he hasn't figured out how to score) and Booth ( again, no finish).

But what if MG actually traded Scheids? And Edler?

I'd say if we get a good return from Florida in the Luongo trade, we should flip one or two of those pieces to Nashville for Weber. So something like this

Vancouver:

Weiss

Huberdeau/Bjugstad/Gubranson

Versteeg

1st

Florida:

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

Rodin

1st

2nd

Luongo, Tanev, 1st = Weiss, Huberdeau

Schroeder, Rodin, 2nd = Versteeg, 1st

then

Vancouver:

Weber

Nashville:

Bieksa

Versteeg

Booth

Raymond

Malhotra

Ballard

1st

Then this is what I see our roster as after signings

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Huberdeau - Weiss - Kesler

Burrows - Mueller - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Garrison

UFA - UFA/Connauton/Sauve

Schneider

Lack

I don't know who we could pick up for the bottom pair but that top 4 is probably one of the best in the league. I'm confident that Gillis can convince Tallon to include Huberdeau in the deal. This might not happen, but again that defense will probably be one of the toughest to play against.

I'd say if we get a good return from Florida in the Luongo trade, we should flip one or two of those pieces to Nashville for Weber. So something like this

Vancouver:

Weiss

Versteeg

1st

Florida:

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

Rodin

1st

2nd

then

Vancouver:

Weber

Nashville:

Bieksa

Versteeg

Booth

Raymond

Malhotra

Ballard

1st

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Garrison

Schneider

Lack

I don't know who we could pick up for the bottom pair but that top 4 is probably one of the best in the league. I'm confident that Gillis can convince Tallon to include Huberdeau in the deal. This might not happen, but again that defense will probably be one of the toughest to play against.

Vancouver:

Weiss

Versteeg

1st

Florida:

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

Rodin

1st

2nd

then

Vancouver:

Weber

Nashville:

Bieksa

Versteeg

Booth

Raymond

Malhotra

Ballard

1st

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Garrison

Schneider

Lack

Vancouver:

Weiss

Versteeg

1st

Florida:

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

Rodin

1st

2nd

then

Vancouver:

Weber

Nashville:

Bieksa

Versteeg

Booth

Raymond

Malhotra

Ballard

1st

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Garrison

Schneider

Lack

some of these guys must be smoking meth to be thinking these deals would go down

go back to nhl12

far as im concerned all we really need is a 2nd line /3rd line center that can hold it down till kesler gets back ,

oh and doan would be nice

these fans with high free agent expectations and never realizing we have prospects willing to step up really irritate me , you get all caught up thinking vans going to get some big UFA 30 teams are going after when theres no chance and get all angry when the obvious nothing happens and act like gillis is an idiot for not making some move that could easily frack your team over for years to come

Right now we need to wait for the Lou trade on what we get in return. The only thing I would do is get Brule signed as we are thin down the middle. I much rather have for a 1st line of Sedins & Burrow, 2nd with Booth, Kesler & Jensen, 3rd line of Higgins, Brule and Hansen, 4th Malholtra, La Pierre & Weise/Kassian. Defence looks okay, but would like to see Sauve and Connauton get a few games this year. Schneider and Lack should hold down the fort, if not you can always bring in aVet at a later date, ie December if thigs don't work out.

Vancouver:

Weiss

Versteeg

1st

Florida:

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

Rodin

1st

2nd

then

Vancouver:

Weber

Nashville:

Bieksa

Versteeg

Booth

Raymond

Malhotra

Ballard

1st

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Garrison

Schneider

Lack

Vancouver:

Weiss

Versteeg

1st

Florida:

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

Rodin

1st

2nd

then

Vancouver:

Weber

Nashville:

Bieksa

Versteeg

Booth

Raymond

Malhotra

Ballard

1st

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Garrison

Schneider

Lack

Because Weber is likely headed to arbitration with the preds meaning he will sign a one year deal again.... next year he will be a UFA, not an RFA so he is free to sign with whomever he wants. We have as good a chance as any team to sign him given that he is from BC and wants to play for a cup contender

Vancouver:

Weiss

Versteeg

1st

Florida:

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

Rodin

1st

2nd

then

Vancouver:

Weber

Nashville:

Bieksa

Versteeg

Booth

Raymond

Malhotra

Ballard

1st

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Garrison

Schneider

Lack

Here we go: I think our D is fine. We have a solid top six and depth on defense with the signing of Joslin and others in the system. We could add some depth but overall our D is extremely solid. Goaltending is not an issue as i think Lack is fine and we'll probably get Theodore back in the Luongo trade. I think our real issue is our forwards. We need a top six playmaking center and some grit, weise will not cut it. Thoughts?

Archived