The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo and His Brother at WSOP Main Event - Day1

Kesler_smash

Haven't seen this discussed but you can follow the action with live updates at the wsop website.

Posted 40mins ago

"Luongo Brothers in Tan

Over in the Tan section NHL goaltender Roberto Luongo has taken some time away from the ice to battle it out on the felt. The Canucks' goalie seems to be quite at home as he has built his stack up to over 80,000. A table away sits Fabio Luongo, Roberto's brother. The two can be seen exchanging words every so often when they're not in a hand, we don't know what they talk about, but it probably has something to do with Fabio having over 100,000 in chips."

Fabio is doing a bit better than Roberto but they both have totally respectable stacks for the 1st day of the main event.

You're in some serious denial.... Look at the numbers. He's a backup with a 5.33M cap hit. Everything else aside, you don't have to be a genius to put this puzzle together.

He said I've enjoyed my six years here but it's time to move on, then saying he would like to go somewhere he could win a cup. I mean. Serious denial. Where do I stop.

You're in some serious denial.... Look at the numbers. He's a backup with a 5.33M cap hit. Everything else aside, you don't have to be a genius to put this puzzle together.

He said I've enjoyed my six years here but it's time to move on, then saying he would like to go somewhere he could win a cup. I mean. Serious denial. Where do I stop.

Yeah,it is crazy.

Luo said he never asked to be traded and Luo said Gillis never said he will trade him.

One of these two goalies will be traded and that is the only certainty.

Luo is a poker player and Gillis is a lawyer.Of course,it's crazy.

Schneider has zero games as an NHL starter.

In a limited Stanley Cup contention window I am trading the goalie that brings me back the most assets in return.

Luongo accepted an advertising contract a little while back from BCLC to promote some kind of gambling initiative within BC. The 10,000 $ buy in for the tournament was covered by BCLC, to promote said initiate. In other words, the British Columbian tax payer is funding Luongo's participation in the WSOP.

Take what you will from it, 10,000 isn't a huge part of the budget but regardless I think a guy that is making 6.7 million a year can afford to pay for his own gambling expenditures. Now what I wonder, if Luongo does manage to make the final table, will the tax payers be able to see that money, or is it going straight to our former starter's pockets?

Who do we get? That's all I care about , seriously thanks Lu for almost getting us there but your right " it's time to move on "

Kane, Keith, emery-luongo, raymond, 3rd pick 2013

Archived