The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aaron Rome magic

D.Doughty

I liked Rome, The only thing I liked about what he contributed to the team was the lay out of Nathan Horton... Other then that he had way to many turnovers and was horrible in general.. (Compares to the other Canuck Defense-men)

As if CDC wasn't shaky enough you have to and post that....... :)..................mind you, you could have something. I always thought Rome was a great team man and someone willing to stand up and be counted. Good luck to him.

If Rome was magic/had magical powers, he wouldn't have been suspended for the Horton hit nor would it have changed the tide in the series in Boston's favour.

powtermediocrityvx2.jpg

What is with people and stupid thread ideas?

Yes, but what you didn't tell us was that Rome only played 25 games for the Blue Jackets. In his final year when CbJ did make to the post season he played a total of 8 regular season games and one playoff game.He spent most of his Blue Jacket Career in the farm.

Sorry nothing magic about Rome. He was at the right place at the right time.

Hi all,

I would like to point out this fact. Aaron Rome is a boss. He was drafted by the Kings in 2002. They didn't want him and they fell to 10th place that year missing the playoffs. They had a skilled roster with Cammalleri, Visnosky, Palffy, Frolov, and Deadmarsh, just to name a few. However, Aaron Rome was angry that he wasn't signed by them, therefore causing them to have a dismal season.

In 2004, he was signed to a contract by the Anaheim Ducks. 3 years later, they won the cup with the help of Rome (in one of the playoff games). We can once again see the magic Rome produced for the club that chose him. The following season, he was traded to the Blue Jackets. The Ducks, lucky that they allowed Rome to play a game and win a ring avoided the curse and finished 4th the following year.

For the following 2 seasons, he played with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Because of Rome, Columbus made its first playoff appearance in franchise history placing 7th in the conference. Columbus let Rome walk after the season as a UFA. My oh my did they make a big mistake. They finished near the bottom of the standings (bottom 5) for the next 3 years while Vancouver, the team he signed with made great strides. They captured two presidents trophy and made it to the SCF only to be defeated in 7. Rome had a great impact with hits like

Now, Vancouver let Romer walk. Will we be the next team to be cursed? Only time will tell. Will Dallas, his new team feel the luck of Rome? Looks like it. His luck already seemed to rub on the franchise signing unprobably free agents in Jagr and Whitney while acquiring a star center in Roy. Only time will tell.

Archived