The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible to acquire Bobby Ryan?

post-92277-0-65496600-1341730692_thumb.jDespite signing Jason Garrison to fill the blue line hole for Salo, I think the canucks still need more offense. Everyone is talking about how we should try to get Rick Nash or Alexander Semin, but I think Bobby Ryan is the better choice because:

1) less salary $5.1 mill

2) consistency- 30+ goals and 55+ points in the last 4 seasons,

3) young and talented hardworker

It would be awesome to see Ryan play with sedins or even with kesler's line. What do you guys think, is there any chance of Bobby Ryan coming to Vancouver??

post-92277-0-65496600-1341730692_thumb.j

post-92277-0-65496600-1341730692_thumb.jDespite signing Jason Garrison to fill the blue line hole for Salo, I think the canucks still need more offense. Everyone is talking about how we should try to get Rick Nash or Alexander Semin, but I think Bobby Ryan is the better choice because:

1) less salary $5.1 mill

2) consistency- 30+ goals and 55+ points in the last 4 seasons,

3) young and talented hardworker

It would be awesome to see Ryan play with sedins or even with kesler's line. What do you guys think, is there any chance of Bobby Ryan coming to Vancouver??

Ryan would obviously be a sweet pick up but opportunity may not be there.

It is said that they are looking for a second line center. That is one area in which we are lacking depth. We have our centers but none we can spare. The only way one becomes available is if a prospect like Schroeder comes up during Keslers injury and shows himself well. Then the problem becomes, which one to deal. Kesler has a no trade clause, so the choice may not be there at all. Another problem becomes; Do they want an undersized center in return?

Nope, the more I think about it, the less likely a deal seems possible, unless they are willing to deal in an area we do have depth.

Archived