Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Possible to acquire Bobby Ryan?

Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#31 heart_of_a_canuck

heart_of_a_canuck

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

We can't just get Ryan. With Semin hes a free agent so the risk is just the salary that we pay him, but to get someone like Ryan whose under contract we would have to give up a bunch of major pieces which im not willing to do

Alex Semin is definitely a talented player...when he wants to be lol. For that reason I don't think he' ll settle in well with the Canucks organization. I can just see Semin saying "I don't care" after a bad game. This might create tension with other players and even team morale problems.

#32 heart_of_a_canuck

heart_of_a_canuck

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

We don't have anything the Ducks want (at least nothing that we're willing to part with).

We have a better chance at getting Nash because they'd probably want Luongo... the only problem being he won't waive to go there.

Ryan to Philly seems like a lock right now considering they lost out on Parise and CBJ is probably asking for way too much.

Luongo doesn't want to go to Columbus and Nash doesn't want to come to Vancouver. Rick Nash is also super expensive, so looks like Rick Nash is out of the picture as well :wacko:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.