Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suirtemedb

Canucks vs Jets 1993 Game 6

What I love about this game is the "early pass" It makes the game flow so much better and prevents defences getting a bead on the puck carrier.

If I was a coach I would make this game mandatory viewing. Players like Kes, Booth and Raymond would do well to look and learn. The irony is that I saw flashes of LA in that style and for me at any rate this is a much more entertaining style of hockey.

I think the Sedins would have been even bigger in that team (as they play now) as they still show many of the passing characteristics shown here.

Terrific entertainment..........

But look at the goalies, you can see how the hybrid and butterfly style covers so much more net.

Oh and AV watch this, it's all crashing the net, and there's no dump and chase.

Wow...I totally forgot about Anatoli Semenov. He was supposed to replace Larionov. But you can never replace Igor Larionov. Damn Doug Lidster, bolting for the Rangers and playing against us in 94'.

Ahhh..memories.

That was a fun series. Greg Adams putting on some heroics, in preparation for his big run the next year. Momesso's goal in regulation should have counted though!

I loved the early 90s Canucks - such a balance of heart, toughness and talent.

Thank you for this thread ! Yes that was a great game . Was that the last playoff game in Winnipeg? Anyways, it brings back fond memories for me. I think Adams had to score twice in OT as I recall.

If replay had been better back in the day (over head net view) I think Momesso's goal at the end of the 3rd would have counted. Greg Adam's winning goal would never be allowed in todays NHL. You simply can't run the goalie like that anymore. Nonetheless, it was fun to watch the old footage.

If replay had been better back in the day (over head net view) I think Momesso's goal at the end of the 3rd would have counted. Greg Adam's winning goal would never be allowed in todays NHL. You simply can't run the goalie like that anymore. Nonetheless, it was fun to watch the old footage.

What I love about this game is the "early pass" It makes the game flow so much better and prevents defences getting a bead on the puck carrier.

If I was a coach I would make this game mandatory viewing. Players like Kes, Booth and Raymond would do well to look and learn. The irony is that I saw flashes of LA in that style and for me at any rate this is a much more entertaining style of hockey.

I think the Sedins would have been even bigger in that team (as they play now) as they still show many of the passing characteristics shown here.

Terrific entertainment..........