The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PK's Bodyweight Workout Regimen

Patrick Kane

For sure, I will help answer questions as they come along, I will not EVER preach one way is better than the other and try to tell people to go out and buy supplements they don't need.

You basically said it right off the hop, it's a calorie deficit for losing weight and a surplus to bulk...calculating maintenance calories is key then you can add/subtract 250-500 cals from there.

I am currently 184.6lbs down from 270lbs just by counting calories accurately, weighing food and being active, I will be putting together a portfolio of my progress once I get down to my goal just before I start a bulk to show I didn't lose lean body mass during my cut. The only 'supplement' i've had would be whey protein powder and I suppose caffeine since I drink a ton of coffee.

PK, are you going to be deleting all broscience posts coming into this thread? People who say you 'HAVE' to do one thing i.e the 6 meal a day myth in order to lose weight? (Read: You can eat 6 meals a day if thats what you prefer but calorie deficit is what is necessary to lose the weight, not to 'keep your metabolism going')

List of Exercises

Chest

Standard Push-ups

BWPushupWide.gif

Wide-grip Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with arms farther apart.

Single-leg Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with one leg in the air.

Elevated Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with both hands on a something to elevate you. Such as two big textbooks, two blocks, etc...

Incline Push-ups

BWPushupOnBox.gif

Decline Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with both your legs on a surface. Such as a chair or table.

Dive Bomber Push-ups

A very unique push-up that works the entire upperbody and core. Check out

video.

4 Second Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up, but on the way down you take 4 seconds. Come back up immediately.

Quick Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up, as fast as you can.

Plyometric Push-ups*

ClapPushUp.gif

Side-to-side Push-ups*

A very tough push-up variation. Check out this video.

Tricep

Tricep Dips

BWBenchDipLegsElevated.gif

Close-grip Push-ups

BWCloseGripPush.gif

I'd like to get into this too. My wife and I have already lost a little over 30 pounds each since February just from changing our food, intake and when. Eating smaller portions every 2 to 3 hours helped a lot since it's better for metabolism.

I'm 6'2" 235 lbs and want to lose another 30 pounds by November.

I have the p90x dvds so no worries about sending me those files.

i'm going to be doing some weight lifting swell so i might not participate every single day, but will get some form of exercise. Some of my tips from personal training:

-Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep cuz when your sleeping is the most optimum time your body burns fats and produces muscle.

-If your looking to gain muscle mass, make sure you get in a good dose of protein, and the best way is through foods, but an alternative is a protein shake **WARNING** be clear of what your buying when your spending money on protein shakes, some companies rip you off by false advertising. I personally use "gold standard 100% whey protein." one of the purest forms of proteins out there.

-go till failure on body weight exercises you gotta push yourself to make gains

~good luck to all :)

I'd like to get into this too. My wife and I have already lost a little over 30 pounds each since February just from changing our food, intake and when. Eating smaller portions every 2 to 3 hours helped a lot since it's better for metabolism.

I'm 6'2" 235 lbs and want to lose another 30 pounds by November.

I have the p90x dvds so no worries about sending me those files.

Archived