The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PK's Bodyweight Workout Regimen

Patrick Kane

Btw, for weight loss, I know we need a calorie deficit.

So does that mean we can still eat things like burgers and fries as long as there is a deficit at the end of the day?

EDIT: Nevermind, you answered my question above.

List of Exercises

Chest

Standard Push-ups

j9zEv.gif

Wide-grip Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with arms farther apart.

Single-leg Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with one leg in the air.

Elevated Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with both hands on a something to elevate you. Such as two big textbooks, two blocks, etc...

Incline Push-ups

hNuJX.gif

Decline Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up with both your legs on a surface. Such as a chair or table.

Dive Bomber Push-ups

A very unique push-up that works the entire upperbody and core. Check out

video.

4 Second Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up, but on the way down you take 4 seconds. Come back up immediately.

Quick Push-ups

Simply a standard push-up, as fast as you can.

Plyometric Push-ups*

6Upw4.gif

Side-to-side Push-ups*

A very tough push-up variation. Check out this video.

Triceps

Tricep Dips

zmtrL.gif

Close-grip Push-ups

6reCX.gif

Biceps

Close-grip chin-ups

BDFgI.gif

Back

Standard Pull-ups*

NVhPE.gif

Close-grip Pull-ups*

Simply doing the pull-ups with a shoulder-width apart grip.

Wide-grip Pull-ups*

Simply doing the pull-ups with a wider grip then a standard pull-up.

Legs

Squats

B2yMp.gif

Jump Squats

Simply doing a squat, but jumping on the way up. When you land, make sure you bend your knees a little bit. Squat down again, jump, and repeat.

Lunges

tdITZ.gif

Calf Raises

77vNi.gif

One Legged Calf Raises

DejSy.gif

One Legged Squats*

QhwRi.gif

Abs

Ab Ripper X

(get the file from me via PM)

Routine (Weeks 1 & 2)

Monday

Warm up.

Do each set till failure. Record how many reps you did. 45 second break between sets.

3 Sets of Standard Push-Ups

2 Sets of Wide-grip Push-ups

2 Sets of Incline Push-ups

3 Sets of Tricep Dips

3 Sets of Squats

3 Sets of Lunges

2 Sets of Calf Raises

1 Set of Jump Squats

10 sets of Negative Pull-ups*

IF you have a pull-up bar, we will need to increase strength before we bother doing pull-ups as an exercise. Get your chin above the bar. Hold yourself in this position for 10 seconds. Lower yourself slowly. Do this ten times. We'll call this Negative Pull-ups.

Wednesday

Warm up.

Do each set till failure. Record how many reps you did. 45 second break between sets.

2 Sets of Decline Push-ups

3 Sets of Close-grip Push-ups

3 Sets of Squats

3 Sets of Lunges

2 Sets of Calf Raises

1 Set of Jump Squats

Friday

Warm up.

1 Set of 4 second Push-ups

1 Sets of Close-grip Push-ups

2 Sets of Tricep Dips

3 Sets of Squats

3 Sets of Lunges

2 Sets of Calf Raises

1 Set of Jump Squats

But seriously, I'm doing the P90X Ab Ripper X tomorrow. Would be nice to have a bunch of people do it so we can talk about it after. It's a killer exercise! PM me for the file.

I usually do this, but no harm switching it up.

Those asking about calories, A calorie is a calorie.

With that being said, You get more benefit from healthier foods because most junk food is very calorie dense and doesn't give you the same satiety (feeling of being full) as something more healthy would be. For example: 200 calories of potato chips and 200 calories of chicken breast, the chicken breast has more satiety and obviously offers better value because it is lean and has lots of protein.

Eat what you want but use caution, like others in here have said...Overall you will definitely benefit more from eating healthier foods, but having some of your favorite snacks or cheat meals definitely keep you more 'sane'

People run in to problems like binges and falling off the wagon because they think of it as a 'diet' make it a lifestyle change, let yourself enjoy foods you love to eat but do it in moderation and be accountable for what you put in your body.

Cheers!

Those asking about calories, A calorie is a calorie.

With that being said, You get more benefit from healthier foods because most junk food is very calorie dense and doesn't give you the same satiety (feeling of being full) as something more healthy would be. For example: 200 calories of potato chips and 200 calories of chicken breast, the chicken breast has more satiety and obviously offers better value because it is lean and has lots of protein.

Eat what you want but use caution, like others in here have said...Overall you will definitely benefit more from eating healthier foods, but having some of your favorite snacks or cheat meals definitely keep you more 'sane'

People run in to problems like binges and falling off the wagon because they think of it as a 'diet' make it a lifestyle change, let yourself enjoy foods you love to eat but do it in moderation and be accountable for what you put in your body.

Cheers!

^^ Yup, I found that when I have some calories left over at the end of the day i'll fill it with my fav snacks like air popped popcorn (Which is actually not as calorie dense as you might think) and ice cream! It's just easier to fit in that way when it's 9pm and I still have 200+ cals to knock back....guilt free treats!

Archived