The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PK's Bodyweight Workout Regimen

Patrick Kane

I wish...I've been on a cut for over a year now...mind you I was 270lbs in 2009 lol. Stepped on a scale at 184lbs a couple days ago so I think i'm still 15-20lbs away from my goal before doing a recomp then a bulk but I am going to loveeeeeeeee doing a bulk.

The girl at Reflex told me I need 5000. Which is absurd. Unless you're looking to be grossly overweight and out of shape as well.

I think even that 4000 proved to be too many for me and I maxed out @ 209lbs a month ago. I need.. about less than 3000 to maintain weight. I think that's accurate. Came to that conclusion when I tried cutting weight for the first time and dropped down to 2700-3000 for two weeks and didn't really lose more than a pound or two. According to BB articles, 2-3 pounds a week is healthy cutting loss. Dropped to about 2500. Down to 194/195/196 about a month after that, depending on the scale.

PK, I've been following this discussion since the other thread and as someone who is very serious about fitness, strength and conditioning, I agree that you seem to have a solid foundation and I think it is a good thing you're trying to do here. Good on everyone participating.

I haven't read every post in this thread but a couple of things that can also be mentioned is that if someone finds it very difficult to do pull-ups (which just might be one of the most brutal exercises for those who knock bodyweight routines), they can get a band to help them through until they build enough strength to discard it.

I know you probably want to keep this uniform for all involved but you may consider for those who are a little more advanced that they may wish to try the inverted shoulder press against a wall (or perhaps introduce it later for everyone), which specifically targets the deltoids (triceps also get worked).

There are also modifications to make it easier such as using a bench or chair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRmeElQcV4

Just thought I'd toss in a couple of pennies.

I'm skipping today until tomorrow most likely. Pain is too much with back-to-back hockey games, 2 days in a row. I shall try to survive today then continue again tomorrow. Godspeed everyone.

Btw, since I hurt like hell, means I did something right, right? -_-

Remember to eat as well as possible too!

Me today thus far!

Oats 1 cup. 1/2 cup berries

1 cup egg whites plain

1 scoop Whey

Twelve mini potatoes diced and seasoned. 1 spoon Canola

Piece of cod in light lemon glaze

1 scoop whey

Another piece of cod in lemon glaze

1 Cup wild rice

3 spoons peanut butter blended with half cup regular milk

Archived