The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo or McLean?

Spoderman

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As most everyone will agree, Luongo is the hands down winner in the greatest goalie in Vancouver history, and that is largely the truth. I am still very stunned that so many people want to run him out of town, its flabberghasting to me. Sometime in the next 11 months Schneider, who is a capable starter quality goalie, will lose 3 in a row, maybe 4 and the same folks who want Lu gone as soon as humanely possible will pull out the long knives on Schneids. I have been a fan of this team for over 30 netminders worth of time, I know what I am talking about.

Thats hard to say. Both played a different style. Lui plays a butterfly , while McLean plays a more stand up.

Mind you Lui never played on a crap team like Mclean had when he first came to Vancouver either.

Maclean had a really good playoff run with 2 maybe 3 good seasons while luongo has had that same playoff run and many good seasons already so hands down from a guy who has watched both players careers unfold that luongo is the better goalie and if it's up to me I don't even put Maclean in the ring of honor

Archived