The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prospects You are Most Excited About - A Year Later

Made this topic last year:

/topic/313432-prospects-you-are-most-excited-about/">http://forum.canucks...-excited-about/

Are your picks the same? (as Hodgson's gone and is no longer a prospect I'd expect most peoples would be, heh)

Here's my list now

1. McNally

2. Jensen

3. Beattie

4. Friesen

5. Mallet

HM: Archibald

Dumped Archibald down my list due to how he performed last year. Liking Beattie due to his talent analysis and Mallet due to how his situation changed. Gaunce we'll see about after this season.

Edit: Forgot about Friesen and meant to put Beattie instead of Hutton.

In response to the post below mine and others that question my list, this list is prospects I'm most excited about, not who I think will make the team next year or is the best player now. The reason I have Archibald ahead of some other players is because I like his potential, even if he did have a sub-par year. Corrado would probably be next on the list after archibald. Rodin will be added to my list next year if he has a chance and can show his talent via point production next season on the Wolves.

The goalies don't make my list because we have Luongo(for now) and Schneider in net, which doesn't leave much room for another goalie to have a big impact on this team any time soon. The reason Iilahti was on my list last year is because of what I saw from the footage of prospects camp and he was young enough that I figured he'd see some decent time in net on this team in the future. One of Cannata or Lack won't, unless Schneider manages to fail pretty hard, which I don't see happening.

Looking forward to the up-coming season for our prospects and really happy that Arniel is taking over the coaching duties on our farm team (I really hope this puts him into position to take over as coach next season for the Canucks) which I think will be a much better situation developmentally for our prospects than what MacT was able to do there this past season.

1. Schreoder

2. Rodin

3. Gaunce

4. Jensen

5. Lack

I really want to see what Schreoder can do, I want to see if he can bring his game to the NHL level and preform well, aswell as Rodin because I don't know much about them.

I don't think Jensen or Gaunce will make the team but I am still excited to see what they can do.

Then I'm interested to see if Lack can grab the back-up job.

I wouldn't say most excited.. but I am definitely most eager to see how Schroeder, Gaunce, Jensen perform at this year's camp.. simply because these 3 fit the the most glaring holes we have on our team right now (2C, 3C, 2RW, respectively) .. especially Schroeder, if he can play C and Rw on the 2nd line and can complement Kesler and Booth.. that would be a major plus

as for Defense and goalie.. I don't see any needs to rush the prospects as there aren't holes to fill, so whatever

I didn't post in the thread last year, but here's my list now.

1. Jensen

2. Gaunce

3. Lack

4. LaBate

5. Mallett/Cannata

I still put Lack in but ranked him lower due to all the info we get on the Wolves. Schroeder and, to a lesser extent, Rodin I left off for the same reason. I want to see how they do in preseason/training camp but I'm more excited to see more of the other prospects.

Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Connauton, Schroeder, Rodin, Lack (will he realistically get a chance though?)

H.M.'s: Kassian (technicalities aside, I think he needs to step up and claim a roster spot and not stay a prospect)

Friesen (him, Lapierre and Hansen on a checking line? look out opposing stars!)

Grenier (he's overseas but I hope he really develops there)

Not holding my breath, but liked what I saw about them so far:

Mallet (project, overage player but I'd be excited to see how he lives up to his 2nd round pick status),

Beattie (looked like Kovalchuk, albeit against shoddy competition)

Archived