The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Alfredsson

Hey guys, I was just wondering. Our team doesn't have a legit natural right-winger except for J.Hansen, D.Weise and Z.Kassian. Our top line which consist of Sedins and Burrows has been productive but sometimes struggles. Now if we had an opportunity to acquire Daniel Alfredsson who is a natural RWinger, I think our top line could be a huge threat.

^ great chemistry, I know this is an All-Star Game where all the players don't try but this is just a great example of how Alfred the Dinosaur can read plays very well.

My proposal:

To Vancouver

D.Alfredsson

7th Round Pick

To Ottawa

M.Raymond

M.Malhotra

D. Booth/ D.Weise

K.Ballard

2nd or 1st

A.Alberts

I would think it would be great for Alfred to retire 2 years from now with at least 1 stanley cup after that awesome run he single handedly carried the Senators the the finals in 07 and most of all, our team can benefit from such a smart, wise, and experience player. The upside that Alfred the Dinosaur brings is:

-100+ MPH slapshot

-Smart Player

-Veteran Player (Experience)

-Can have Daniel,Higgins,Booth,Hansen,etc better

-Makes other players better( similar to Mats Sundin)

-He's swedish :D... So The Sedins can talk tactics in swede so the opposing team won't understand.

-Plays mean, hard checking, aggressive hockey.

-CAN HIT

-great leadership

-leads by example

-relatively low cap (4.8 mil)

-

Has a deceptive skillset that can sometimes cause defenders to fail to realize how much speed he can generate until he's already blown by them.

-WILL TO WIN

Downside:

-not the quickest player in the game, but as for his age, He's not bad.

-40 years old

-Might retire soon.

- THE GM OF OTTAWA PROBABLY WON'T TRADE HIM UNLESS WE GIVE HIM SUSAN BOYLES AND YAO MING!

okay, i think I made my point clear now I hope you can discuss this. Is this trade possible? If it is, who should we give up? Is it worth the trade? Does he fit on our team? Would he want to come here? Do the fans of vancity want him? Will he be the next Mats Sundin and rip us off? Will he be the next Markus Naslund of 2012? DOES HE HAVE NASLUND HAIRSTYLE?

:canucks:

post-89297-0-52627100-1341780757_thumb.j

post-89297-0-52627100-1341780757_thumb.j

I think you're right about Alfredsson being a great addition but the Canucks wouldn't have to give that much up.......maybe Raymond+2nd round pick for Alfie.

I like the idea.

Archived