The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

iPhone 5, Window 8 (Nokia) or Android Jelly Bean (Galaxy Nexus)

DefCon1

Actually, funny story.

Went to Telus today and actually picked up a Samsung Galaxy S3, switching from iPhone 4. Things I already noticed are the speed difference and the amount of memory it has. Just crazy. Multitasking is pretty dang good and everything seems fluid (switching menus, etc). Seems great so far.

Don't even bother with a Blackberry. RIM is going bankrupt because their OS absolutely BLOWS.

If you're contracting you ALWAYS go iPhone because it retains its value over time and has high resale value. Hell, even contracting into an iPhone, flipping it, and buying an Android device outright, you'll still pocket some money.

In terms of OS vs OS.

I don't even consider iOS as an operating system, iPhone is really just a bunch of apps (albeit, the best quality apps you can get).

Android if you love to customize or are in the minority of users that want to use advanced apps (ie: app that sends texts to your Google Chrome browser so you can text / respond from your computer).

I'd skip WP8 for now until it picks up steam. They really just f'ed over their entire early adopters by not allowing them to upgrade the OS, even for devices released weeks ago.

Actually, funny story.

Went to Telus today and actually picked up a Samsung Galaxy S3, switching from iPhone 4. Things I already noticed are the speed difference and the amount of memory it has. Just crazy. Multitasking is pretty dang good and everything seems fluid (switching menus, etc). Seems great so far.

Don't even bother with a Blackberry. RIM is going bankrupt because their OS absolutely BLOWS.

Yeah I'm the same, but I'll have to look into the S3 now, dont know anything about it, but I wont be able to leave Apple, just way too easy to use and it connects with my other apple devices.

Edit: Oh this is the S3... It looks like crap!

The galaxy is pretty darn good but the one flaw is the screen size (too big IMO). The Android's are all good as well, but the problem with them is that they release a new phone every other week... Both phones have better software than the iPhone but the iPhone is so simple to use (perfect for being on the go). Re-sale value is also much better.

I'd say go with which phone fits your lifestyle, I wouldn't get to interested in the specs, a millisecond won't make me choose one over the other.

LOL :P

I don't really care about looks and hardware. All I care about is the software and right now, Android is beating Apple when it comes to their Jelly Bean OS compared to iOS 5. Now we will have to wait and see if Apple's iPhone 5 can beat the Jelly bean in terms of features and functions. As long as the hardware is decent enough, it will be good enough for me. Its the software that makes the phone, not really the hardware, that is why I might prefer Galaxy Nexus over S3, since it is a google phone made specifically for the OS and would be Android's most supported phone in terms of getting quick updates directly from google and having all the Android features work properly on it.

I just bought a S3 after 3 years of the iPhone 3Gs.

I hemmed and hawed as i had a Samsung 7.7 tablet which i love.

Very happy with android and frankly Apple is a crapty company that does everything to keep you tied to them.

I only owned the iPhone and do not see myself buying apple products in the future.

I was deciding between iOS android and WP a few months ago and ended up with a Galaxy Nexus and don't regret it at all. iOS is just missing so many functions to customize your phone, which I find really useful and fun to play around with and android. WP looks like it has some potential but right now it's just too new, it has a fraction of the apps that iOS and android have. I'd get an S3 if I were you, mainly for the bigger battery. I've played with my friend's S3 and it definitely has better battery life. Even though Nexus gets the first official updates, you could get the updates asap on S3 if you don't mind rooting your phone.

Archived