The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

iPhone 5, Window 8 (Nokia) or Android Jelly Bean (Galaxy Nexus)

DefCon1

No, there's nothing sarcastic about having a gun.

Honestly think Blackberry's are the best phones on the market, the chocolate bar phone with the keyboard is fantastic.

I can't stand touch screens anymore. I had a touchscreen LG and I even want to trade my Ipod Touch for an Ipod classic.

They were the 1st revolutionary company and nothing like supporting your own economy when you buy from the Canadian boys, Rim.

I'm like one of those religious crazy nutheads, you can't convince me otherwise.

Blackberry has health risks. Ever heard of the condition, blackberry thumb? typing on that physical keyboard a lot (for texting, emailing etc.) poses some health risk. I rather just swype on a touch screen so I don't get a soar thumb. Heck, voice search and voice to text are now in style, forget about typing.

I've been using Android and the Nexus line in particular since the HTC Nexus One released. It's been amazing to see how far the platform has come, but for the first time in a very, very long time I'm extremely excited about what Microsoft has in store.

Windows 8 + Windows Phone 8 will provide an unmatched unser experience, especially with the shared kernel. I'm really stoked.

As for right now, I'd say S3 but if you want the latest Google updates go with the Galaxy Nexus. I've got one and it's great. It doesnt have any buttons so that might be hard to get used to to, but it's fast, has a great screen and great UI. Everything you'd want from a phone.

Blackberry has health risks. Ever heard of the condition, blackberry thumb? typing on that physical keyboard a lot (for texting, emailing etc.) poses some health risk. I rather just swype on a touch screen so I don't get a soar thumb. Heck, voice search and voice to text are now in style, forget about typing.

And people, but my wife and I searched all over the GTA just to find two Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro's, so sadly people trust the generally awful touch screen keyboards over the far more reliable physical ones. I've had and dealt with phones all over the brand spectrum and virtually none of them are good enough for me to give a passing grade.

I'm also waiting for more phones/tablets/phablets like the Samsung Note to come out, I love the specs on those things. Not fond of it with texting, but the features are awesome. If only Windows Mobile or iOS were even remotely as customisable and controllable as Android is.

I don't really care about any of these companies since am not a fanboy or a loyal customer. I just buy whichever is the best at that moment or whichever is cheapest (depending on budget). It could be iPhone5, Android, Windows 8 phone or Blackberry 10. I have an Android phone, my brother has an iPhone, I use Windows 7 on my desktop and I have a Blackberry playbook tablet. Am not the type of person that sticks to one brand, since I don't want to miss a feature or experience and limit myself.

Having an iPhone and iPod touch, the only good thing about iOS is the smoothness of running apps -- Android is a bit more resource intensive and doesn't transition from app to app as smoothly. I've got virtually nothing positive to say about Windows Mobile, it's far too limiting for a user all around, not as smooth as iOS, not as feature friendly, customizable, and user-control-enabling as Android.

Having learned more about the Samsung Note and GLONASS, which is, especially in our hemisphere, perfectly on par with GPS, I'm likely going that route as I prefer a 5 inch screen for a tablet rather than the bulkier 7 and 10's, and can still fit the thing in my pockets, throw a tablet data plan on it, and have insane access to Google Voice and other data without need for a costly voice and text plan, and when driving in the US can access satellites on pre-loaded maps for navigation.

Archived