The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Gillis wants vs. what Tallon wants to give

Southpop45

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Raymond is a risky acquisition, since he's an RFA, and has failed to do anything significant for the past 2 seasons. Sure, Raymond could score 20 again, but I'm not very convinced. Matthias is a solid third liner who plays a similar style to Lapierre (except less of a pest), and still has room to grow. I'd rather keep the defensively sound, occasionally scoring third liner than the possible one-hit wonder who appears to have lost his offensive instinct.

this is just pure speculation from a fans point of view

What Gillis wants:

Jose Theodore - vetran backup for schneider

Kris Versteeg - top six forward to play on kes' other side

Nick Bjugstad/Dmitry Kulikov/Quinton Howden - guys with big potential

What Tallon wants to give:

Jose Theodore - make room for lu

Scottie Upshall - salary dump

Jack Skille - spare part that can be let go

somewhere in there is a comprimise that Tallon and Gillis can reach. my hope is that Bjugstad is one of the pieces coming back. what do you guys think?

note: did not include gudbranson or huberdeau because im trying to be realistic and i think those two are a no go with Tallon.

I dont think Gudbranson is completely out of the question.

TO VANCOUVER:

-Erik Gudbranson (6'5" 210 lbs, 20 years old and mean as hell)

-Jack Skille (6'1" 217 lbs, 25 yo. Versatile winger that can score and isn't afraid to throw the body)

-Scott Clemmensen (34 yo veteran would be an excellent backup to Cory, Also gives FLD a bit more incentive to do the trade in being able to keep their starting goalie last year as a back up, giving them insurance in net)

TO FLORIDA:

-Roberto Luongo (Proven all-star goalie, essentially guarantees FLD a playoff spot next season)

-Rights to Mason Raymond (Swapping Skille for MAY RAY gives VAN a grittier winger while not cutting down on team speed or scoring while giving FLD more team speed and a potential 20 goal 40 point winger if put in the right situation)

-1st round pick (gives FLD the chance to possibly replace Gudbranson in the first round this coming draft)

-Yann Sauve (Probably going to mature into a solid 3rd pairing Dman in the coming years with good PK skills and grit)

-Anton Rodin (Has good potential, could mature into a speedy 2nd liner with a good shot similar to MAY RAY)

I think this is a fair deal for both clubs. Florida gets; a proven all-star starting goalie for a future all-star d-man. A speedy winger who could rejuvenate his career as well as a good offensive prospect in Anton Rodin for a useful and versatile but expendable winger in Skille, and essentially a 1st rounder and a good blue line prospect in Yann Sauve for their back-up from last season.

What Vancouver gets is clear, Gudbranson who is looking like the next Chris Pronger at this point - look at his fights on hockeyfights.com, he's a mean mother f*cker. Aswell as a bigger tougher winger for the 3rd/4th lines than Raymond and a back-up for Corey. I think Tallon could get behind this deal with maybe a little tinkering.

I would feel glad for Raymond if he got a chance in Florida. I can see why it's a great attraction. Lets face it, if you were a young man, multi-millionaire; Miami can be a good place. Is it any wonder Luongo and his family seem to be leaning towards Florida as opposed to Toronto? Both off and on the ice, it's a no brainer to me.

Anyway back to my point, I think Florida could market Raymond to the fan base in Miami if you get what I'm saying, the same way Bure was. Lol.

To Vancouver:

Scott Clemmensen

Marcel Goc

2013 1st Round Pick

To Florida:

Roberto Luongo

Not the best possible return but it is what the Canucks can get for Roberto at this point. There are other goalies on the market that could be had for a smaller prize and could possibly offer the same service.

Would I be happy. I would be happy for Roberto and pleased with the return even though we could get more. Goc would fit well into our top 9.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt Upshall the guy who hates Kesler?? Didnt he make some comment about how much he hates him when we was still with the Flyers??

Also, Eff Upshall or Versteeg (still hate him)

I say get one of their top prospects (Gudbranson,Huberdeau,Bjugstad) then go hard after Doan tommorow... call Liden, Bure Gregor Robertson, Rick Hansen, Steve Nash, Pamela Anderson to convince him, i dont care, just get him here! lol

Archived