The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Gillis wants vs. what Tallon wants to give

Southpop45

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt Upshall the guy who hates Kesler?? Didnt he make some comment about how much he hates him when we was still with the Flyers??

Also, Eff Upshall or Versteeg (still hate him)

I say get one of their top prospects (Gudbranson,Huberdeau,Bjugstad) then go hard after Doan tommorow... call Liden, Bure Gregor Robertson, Rick Hansen, Steve Nash, Pamela Anderson to convince him, i dont care, just get him here! lol

Oh you changed it? I would take Howden over Bjugstad, but I'm kinda Biased I like Howden.

He did score 40 goals this year and like the speed he brings but Bjugstad might be better.

And I think Raymond is more valuable imo, not alot but I bit. But sometimes I dont see the full value in those 3rd and 4th line guys like Mattias so this could be the case.

not sure the trade will happen with Florida...

Sure sounded like Lou wouldn't mind Chi-Town (fox interview) and they need goaltending!

Tallon is between a rock and a hard place, he's got the makings of a decent team and is OK in net but not great IMO.

Tallon needs to be shrewd as they are close to making a splash in the SE. Does he give up talent to make sure his net is solid or keep what he has and hope for the best?

I'd like Gillis to get at least one prospect, drafting late isn't good in the long term.

I dont think Gudbranson is completely out of the question.

TO VANCOUVER:

-Erik Gudbranson (6'5" 210 lbs, 20 years old and mean as hell)

-Jack Skille (6'1" 217 lbs, 25 yo. Versatile winger that can score and isn't afraid to throw the body)

-Scott Clemmensen (34 yo veteran would be an excellent backup to Cory, Also gives FLD a bit more incentive to do the trade in being able to keep their starting goalie last year as a back up, giving them insurance in net)

TO FLORIDA:

-Roberto Luongo (Proven all-star goalie, essentially guarantees FLD a playoff spot next season)

-Rights to Mason Raymond (Swapping Skille for MAY RAY gives VAN a grittier winger while not cutting down on team speed or scoring while giving FLD more team speed and a potential 20 goal 40 point winger if put in the right situation)

-1st round pick (gives FLD the chance to possibly replace Gudbranson in the first round this coming draft)

-Yann Sauve (Probably going to mature into a solid 3rd pairing Dman in the coming years with good PK skills and grit)

-Anton Rodin (Has good potential, could mature into a speedy 2nd liner with a good shot similar to MAY RAY)

I think this is a fair deal for both clubs. Florida gets; a proven all-star starting goalie for a future all-star d-man. A speedy winger who could rejuvenate his career as well as a good offensive prospect in Anton Rodin for a useful and versatile but expendable winger in Skille, and essentially a 1st rounder and a good blue line prospect in Yann Sauve for their back-up from last season.

What Vancouver gets is clear, Gudbranson who is looking like the next Chris Pronger at this point - look at his fights on hockeyfights.com, he's a mean mother f*cker. Aswell as a bigger tougher winger for the 3rd/4th lines than Raymond and a back-up for Corey. I think Tallon could get behind this deal with maybe a little tinkering.

They have a very deep prospect pool so it shouldn't unreasonable to think they could afford to give one up in a trade. I went with Howden, largely just because he's Canadian lol. Nick Bjugstad would be nice too since we could really use an up-and-coming center, now that whats-his-face got traded lol.

Add in one more thing coming to us, this is the way I see that

Raymond = Mattias

Luongo > Theodore + Howden

You could even argue Raymond is worth more than Mattias.

But I sometimes don't see the full value in 3rd and 4th line guys so that could be the case here.

Also, I wish people would stop with the trade ideas that involve Ballard+Raymond. NOBODY WANTS THEM lol.

That's like trading your entire farm team for Crosby and Malkin or something. Quantity isn't a good enough substitute for quality when it comes to hockey trades. We aren't going to get good players if we're throwing together all our crap players we wanna get rid of.

Trading Luongo is going to be a defining moment in MG tenure as GM.

When he does make a trade, I would hope that he gets a top 6 forward, a top prospect and a pick.

I think Raymond will be included in the package so the arbitration ruling might be the hold up.

There is no way Luongo should be traded for 3rd or 4th line players because those guys are easier to get. Top 6 forwards are harder to get....just like a top goalie is tough to get....the sooner some GM's come to their senses and focus on aquiring reliable goaltending, things will progress. Right now there doesn't seem to be any urgency.

It would be great to see Luongo go to Florida but MG has to do what is right for the Vancouver Canucks. If that means trading Luo to a different team beacuse the package is right...get it done.

Florida and TO aren't the only teams that would see Luongo as an upgrade in goal.

You make good points, he's risky no doubt. And he hasn't done much.

But I disgaree about Raymond losing his offensive instincts (and I am a huge Raymond hater) You sort of right but He still has the hands, and he actually has good hands, he has the offensive IQ he just does stupid stuff or atleast it seems stupid, but his style of play and skillset could valuable, he just needs the right fit, and we don't have that fit for him, but he could maybe fidn it on your team, just put him with Weiss and he should be good.

And Mattias could be deemed as expendable, since you guys have some young players expected to make the jump soon, like Huberbeau, Bjugstad, Howden. We might get one of either Bjugstad or Howden but still Huberbeau might make the just aswell as the one we don't get and if one or both do you will need spots for them.

We have plenty of room (lost a lot of forwards to UFA), so Matthias isn't really expendable. To put it bluntly, Raymond does do stupid things on offense. He won't be effective until he corrects that, though it may be a confidence issue.

I'm going to assume this is for just Luongo. If Versteeg is moved, I'd like for the Panthers to get Schroeder as well, not sure how highly Canucks fans value him though. Vancouver probably underpays in the one with Upshall.

It was likely rhetorical.

I doubt that Tallon is going to ludicrously overpay for Luongo. However, someone made a point about the Panthers needing to sell tickets, which is true. So you may be right, depends on what the Panthers ownership group thinks.

Nobody cares? Seems to be generating a fair bit of discussion. Obviously Tallon and Gillis don't care what a random kid thinks. Oh, and the Panthers boar dis devoid of life.

What's true? The Canucks have better prospects than the Panthers, or that Raymond is more valuable than Matthias? The Raymond thing, perhaps. Do some research on your prospects though. Huberdeau > Any Canucks prospect.

Hi. Nice to see a Panthers fan on here. Im very glad you guys made the playoffs and hope you continue to rise. You deserve all the best after these many years.

I have a few questions if you have a moment.

You have 3000 posts on this site . Are the Canucks your second favorite team? You must have a pile of posts on the Panthers board.

Secondly, I appreciate your comments but you never mention a deal that you think is legitimate from the Panthers point of view. It would help greatly if us Canucks fans would know where you are coming from . Please let us know what you believe a fair deal is.

Luongo for Bjustgad, Theodore and a 1st?

Florida get a franchise goaltender who will certainly sell tickets AND win them games whilst we get Bjustgad and a 1st ( that helps our future ) and Theodore as a stop gap for a year until Lack is ready.

Archived