The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Gillis wants vs. what Tallon wants to give

Southpop45

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think its an over payment at all, infact I think it would take more than that, but Gudbranson literally has Pronger potential and I believe both Tallon and Gillis know that.

Also were not giving up much if you consider what these prospects are likely to do, Sauve - potentially a 3rd pairing dman in FLD, however in Van its going to take at least a couple more years of grooming in the AHL with how many dmen we have locked up long term.

Same with Rodin and Connauton, people need to understand that were not going to get the players we want without giving up equal value, that's just how hockey trades work. And the good thing about giving up prospects at this point is that we can get players back who will make an immediate and significant impact while not diminishing the starting roster.

Well lets see this is probably the way the value goes.

Luongo = Gudbranson

Raymond > Skille

Sauve + Rodin + 1st > Clemmensen

Even if you think Gudbranson is worth more than Luongo, then you add something in from the Clemmensen part, but still we lose the deal, in alot of ways.

It will probably take an overpayment to get Gudbranson but at this point I don't think we are in a position to overpay like that. I would rather keep what we have.

I think Tallon is trying to keep his prospects at all cost. Bjugstad seems like a lock for a top 6 NHL role in the near future. I'd say Howden is more likely to come back, if any.

Theodore, Matthias, Howden for Raymond, Luongo. ( I think MayRay would do a lot better in Florida than he does here.)

Your evaluation is clearly not very accurate, Skille is just as good a skater as Raymond but bigger and grittier and can play the bottom 6 role much better than Raymond would be able to.

I would say that skille > Raymond

And I would say Lu + 1st + Sauve + Rodin = Gudbranson + Clemmensen

And why exactly is it that you want to keep Sauve and Rodin? neither have over whelmed in any testing or in the minors but both are young enough that increased ice time and a greater oppourtunity in Florida might just be what they need to crack the NHL. If we kept them there is a much less likely chance of them ever making the NHL let alone our roster, in fact I'm willing to bet that Rodin never makes the Canucks and Sauve doesn't play more than 3rd pairing minutes. And I'd be willing to bet that Gudbranson would come to Van and turn into Pronger reborn, or at least very close.

I'm not great at proposals, but:

Bjugstad/Howden (whichever the Canucks would prefer)

Theodore

Goc/Matthias/Upshall

possibly a pick (depends which forward is moved)

for

Luongo

Or maybe add Versteeg and Schroder from their respective sides.

How is Kulikov behind Bjugstad..... just shows people know nothing on this site. They all just follow the crowd and pick what others are talking about.

Kulikov has played in the NHL for 3 years now, and hes only 21.

Howden and Bjugstad are less than 2 years younger and they havent played in a single NHL game.

Archived