The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Year In review for Magnum

Magnum P I

Postr your year in review summary here. I missed the entire season oversee's as I was unable to accsess any media. Did anyone miss my mustache?

Just curious how everyone would sumarize the key points in the Canucks season this year. Some serious point form sumaries would be appreciated :)

Oh sure. Yep I figured that much out. I also was suprised at the Kassian trade although I remeber Kassians draft year and was stoked on him as a prospect. Still am. If Cody was a pain the the #$%, why keep him around and let him poison the entire batch.

Garrison is a stud too. Great signing. Every goal was beautiful from the looks of it.

Should have re signed Erhoff. Said it ribght off the bat. STupid move even though he was expensive. I probably don't know the ins and outs on that either though. To put the load on Edler was not smart as if Ehrhoff was not needed.

Cory shnieds signing is great, our powerplay bit ballsack, and Lu did exactly what I thought he would do as damaged goods in the playoffs. Van fans through a hissy when we traded hodgson, and we didn't sign any overpaid, cap kiling, overrrated free agents to 30 year contracts again this year, much to the apperent dissmay and dissapointment of most Nucks fans on here. What else did I miss?

October 6th, 2011: Canucks open the 2011-12 season at home against Pittsburgh, they lost 3-2 in a Shootout.

October 18th, 2011: On Rick Rypien night, the Canucks drop a 4-0 desicision to the Rangers. Luongo got booed late in the game after his regular early season struggles.

December 7th, 2011: The Canucks played Toronto for the first time this season in Toronto, The Canucks won 5-3.

January 7th, 2012: The Stanley Cup Rematch in Boston, Suprise starter Cory Schneider leads the Canucks to a 4-3 win.

(This one is worthy of Highlights being posted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbBwUef9ekc

February 18th, 2012: The Canucks and Leafs meet again, this time in Vancouver. the Canucks win 6-2.

February 23rd, 2012: The Canucks snap the Wings 22 Game home winning streak with a 4-3 Shootout win.

April 7th, 2012: The Canucks defeated Edmonton 3-0 in the final game of the year to capture our 2nd straight presidents trophy.

April 11th-27th: The Canucks lose in 5 games to LA in the 1st Round.

Those are probably the most memorable dates.

Here's some of the best plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkFqzZ5ww0

December 7th, 2011: The Canucks played Toronto for the first time this season in Toronto, The Canucks won 5-3.

I was at that game, it was a great game! i had seats right behind the net. Hansen blowing past Phaneuf and beating Gusty was the highlight of the night and one of the highlights of the whole season for me.

I gotta say tho the game was on December 17th but stil one of the best of the year. :towel:

[http://youtu.be/nCoyQ9oTti4

Oh sure. Yep I figured that much out. I also was suprised at the Kassian trade although I remeber Kassians draft year and was stoked on him as a prospect. Still am. If Cody was a pain the the #$%, why keep him around and let him poison the entire batch.

Garrison is a stud too. Great signing. Every goal was beautiful from the looks of it.

Should have re signed Erhoff. Said it ribght off the bat. STupid move even though he was expensive. I probably don't know the ins and outs on that either though. To put the load on Edler was not smart as if Ehrhoff was not needed.

Cory shnieds signing is great, our powerplay bit ballsack, and Lu did exactly what I thought he would do as damaged goods in the playoffs. Van fans through a hissy when we traded hodgson, and we didn't sign any overpaid, cap kiling, overrrated free agents to 30 year contracts again this year, much to the apperent dissmay and dissapointment of most Nucks fans on here. What else did I miss?

Archived