The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Canucks Commentators

Spoderman

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My "Holy Trinity" of commentators are, in no particular order:

1. John Shorthouse ("They've slain the Dragon!!")

2. Jim Hughson ("Great saaaaaave Luongooo/Cloutier!")

3. Chis Cuthbert ("Iginla back to Crosby, Shoots, SCORES! Sidney Crosby! The golden goal! Canada has once in a lifetime Olympic hockey gold!")

Shorty and Larscheid were the best duo in sports commentating. Perfect chemistry in the booth and they made listening to the radio more entertaining than watching the games. Painting a picture of what's going on is one thing, but to add extra entertainment and flavour to games is a skill only these 2 had.

Shorty and Larscheid were the best duo in sports commentating. Perfect chemistry in the booth and they made listening to the radio more entertaining than watching the games. Painting a picture of what's going on is one thing, but to add extra entertainment and flavour to games is a skill only these 2 had.

I agree, Robson should be winning by a landslide.

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

—The call at the end of game 6 in the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals referring to

Trevor Linden, who was very bloody after taking a high stick, which led to the one of the most famous photos in Vancouver Canucks history, of Linden hugging Canucks goaltender Kirk McLean, with blood on Linden's jersey.

Being old enough to remember a time when not every game was on TV and we had to listen to the radio, my vote goes to Robson for what he brought to the booth. Not sure anyone will ever be as entertaining as he and Larsheid were in the booth. I remember when Pavel was a rookie and Larsheid being amazed. "Oh boy, he can sure skate, can't he?" They always pointed out that all the fans were on their feet every time Bure touched the puck and I got goosebumps from the games without seeing a moment of them until the 11:00 Sports Page highlights.

Wasn't around for robson. Hughson is overrated. Shorty is phenomenal. Very witty and clever not to mention amazing at play by play and usually does better colour than his counterpart. Not to say Hughson doesn't have talent but I'd rather listen to Shorty Garrett over Hughson Simpson any day of the week.

Edit: remember shortys stanchion call game 5 wcf? Nuff said. Hockey p by p has to be the toughest out of all north American sports.

Archived