The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite OT Playoff Goal

Spoderman

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As much as I hold burrows an his heroics against crapcago (and what an awesome goal it was) the bure goal finished an improbable comeback, was an exciting rush, and had a tonne of build up as he went in. It helped spur the entire cup run, and was one of the most exciting plays I've ever seen. The burrows goal may have meant alot to the anti blackcock movement and to that cup run unto it's own, but man what a rush..... Now that I revisit both I wish I could vote for a tie. Burrows work ethic and epic timing vs Bure's talent and flash. Both undeniably huge in the hockey history and Canuck lore.

Torn between Burr's goal against the Hawks and Bure's against the Flames. Interesting that the 2 biggest goals of franchise history and the biggest save (off all time to quite a few) all occurred in first round match ups.

Honorable mentions:

Henrik Sedins Game OT winner vs Detroit in 2002, at 5:09 of the clip

Samuelssons snipe vs LA in 2010

Trevor Linden in 1994 Game 6 vs Calgary, to keep us alive yet again! I was at the game as a kid, never heard a building so loud

Canucks vs Blackhawks Round 1 Game 7

Burrows OT goal.

I was at that game which makes it all the better.

2nd Favourite was the Triple OT goal vs Calgary in the 2004 Playoffs, goal scorer Brendan Morrison. (Round 1, Game 6)

3rd Favourite was the OT goal vs Minnesota in the 2003 Playoffs, goal scorer Trent Klatt. (Round 2, Game 1)

Favourite Goal in Canucks History

Matt Cooke goal was the 3rd Period Goal vs Calgary in the 2004 Playoffs, scored with roughly 3 seconds left on the clock. (Round 1, Game 7)

I feel obliged to go for the Game 7 vs. Calgary option, but to be honest, you just can't beat Burrows vs. Chicago.

It's just the two prior years of losing to Chicago, the fact that we would have been the 4th team in history to blow a 0-3 series lead... No, you really can't beat it. Even if it was a deflection. (I think...)

ones that stick out to me:

Burrows slays the dragon

Henrik ends a long game in 4 OT vs Dallas

Morrison ends it vs Flames in 3 OT

Burrows goal vs Bruins

and

as above post says, Cooke goal even though it isn't an OT one, it's still a classic :D

sure there are more but these ones come to mind.

I think it depends on where you were when the goal was scored! At the arena for game 7 BURR goal against at TEAM that we have learned to love to play and hate all in the same breath really was one of the highlights of my "watching live"!

This is my favorite,

I just love that call:

"And the Bruins advance it, taken right away, here's Burrows fakes.... Can't take the shot... Burrows wrap around Scores! Alex Burrows has done it again! 11 Seconds in and the Canucks are up 2 to nothing!" :towel::canucks:

My favorite personally, but Burrows against the Hawks is the most meaningful.

Burrows goal will be the favorite, as many current fans weren't around to see Bure's goal or some of the others that year (Courtnall, Linden, Adams etc...)

My favorite, by far, is Bure's. It capped my most memorable series and was a comeback that we weren't supposed to win, not to mention being one of the prettiest goals you will ever see in OT. Burrow's goal was huge (and a nice one), but the Canucks shouldn't have been in game 7 anyway and it was so painful to go to game 7 after being up 3-0 that despite the goal to win the series, it was kind of a humiliating win (if there is such a thing).

I like the honorable mention that someone gave to Geoff Courtnall. That goal was the goal that gave us hope. It looked like just another year of defeat until he scored and gave the team confidence they could do it. Certainly close to Burrows in terms of snatching the team from the fires of defeat. Courtnall is still one of my all time favorite Nucks because of that one rocket coming down the left wing.

Burrows goal was a life time of sweat, blood, desire, courage, and pride condensed into 2.5 seconds.

Not only was it the best goal, it was the best moment of a lot of people's lives.

To witness such a historic moment, in an otherwise mundane boring world really did make you feel alive.

Archived