Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Could today be the day we sign Doan and trade Luongo?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

What a great day this could be for the organization.

#2 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

POPULAR

:picard:

edit: could today b the day i learn to dance the charleston? could today b the day i pull my bottom lip over my head? vague threads like this bring down cdc really badly. could it b the day? maybe. would it b great? of course. but to start a new thread with only one sentence in the body is just lazy and lame.

Edited by MC Fatigue, 09 July 2012 - 12:38 AM.

" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#3 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,970 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

POPULAR

Nah best day was when Luongo brought us to the cup finals.

Edited by Armada, 09 July 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#4 Kassassinate

Kassassinate

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

shane doan isn't likely to sign here, and that would be a great day in nucks history.
-Nice way of replying ;)

Edited by ~~Nail Yakupov-10~~, 09 July 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#5 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

It could be.
It could also be the day we trade Mason Raymond for Malkin and Stan Smyl unretires. Doesn't mean it'll happen

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

It is possible.

I'm not sure they will both happen in the same day. I don't think the team is 100% ready to put the finishing touches on the Lu deal yet, and I'm sure Doan will think about it a little longer if Phx doesn't work out.

Bu it's possible.

zackass.png

#7 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

It would be an even better day if we somehow landed Weber without destroying our core.

#8 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

I like turtles
lZqI3g.gif

#9 Burrows91

Burrows91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

could today be the day when no pointless threads are made?......

....unlikely

Posted Image

Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

#10 Bo Horvat

Bo Horvat

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

POPULAR

Why do so many people expect Doan to sign here? It's getting kind of annoying especially since Doan himself hasn't said anything yet besides the whole not signing in Phoenix thing until a certain date.
Posted Image

#11 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Tomorrow is July 8. Please sign in Vancity Shane Doan.

I'm seeing a theme here.

Tomorrow is Monday - could Shane Doan sign in Vancity? Could Luongo to be traded to Florida? Could Michael Yormark be toastiing Lu?

#12 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'll be heading to Rogers to make Gillis a shrine if we sign Doan, and get a 3rd line prospect for Luongo in the same day.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#13 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

I could be... :blink:
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#14 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'm thinking the discussion between Yormark and Luongo tomorrow night will largely determine if a trade will happen. As I understand it, Luongo left on bad terms and pissed off a lot of people. So if Luongo does express interest in returning to Florida, then I'm sure they would be more willing to match Gillis' price.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#15 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

If we do sign Doan, then any Lu deal would have to be revised to complement our team with Doan in the lineup. So MG wouldn't rush it, he'd wait.

Pineapple_jumps.gif9rpqmc.jpgPineapple_jumps.gif

Thanks to Blueberries for the awesome sig!

#16 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

POPULAR

Could today be the day we all stop complaining about new threads its a discussion board why do so many people give a crap about what someone starts or how many threads are made about this subject or any other if you dont like it dont reply to it other people may like to discuss possibilities of this sort.

#17 BlurTriX

BlurTriX

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Could be, heres two tweets i saw from @HockeyyInsiderr
1. Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
As of right now, hearing IF Doan doesn't resign with Phoenix his #1 choice would be to play in Vancouver. #CONFIRMED #Canucks

2.Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Many sources agree that Doan would be willing to accept less$$ for a 2 year deal with #Canucks than what he'd get somewhere else.

Untitled.png

#18 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

Could be, heres two tweets i saw from @HockeyyInsiderr
1. Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
As of right now, hearing IF Doan doesn't resign with Phoenix his #1 choice would be to play in Vancouver. #CONFIRMED #Canucks

2.Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Many sources agree that Doan would be willing to accept less$$ for a 2 year deal with #Canucks than what he'd get somewhere else.

Guess it's confirmed then (sarcasm). I think people need to realise the media, and these type of people, will make a lot of claims for ratings and/or attention. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Lou or MG say neither had discussed trading Luongo nor had Luongo given MG a list of teams? Yet TSN etc. were all stirring the pot with where Lou would go and the list of teams he had given. They know most of us are idiots who just eat this kind of stuff up.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#19 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

Could today be the day we all stop complaining about new threads its a discussion board why do so many people give a crap about what someone starts or how many threads are made about this subject or any other if you dont like it dont reply to it other people may like to discuss possibilities of this sort.

That would be fine if they were quality posts, but so many are the exact same crap posts that could be put in the numerous other threads. This thread is a perfect example of a bad post. It wastes space that could be used for better posts.
We wouldn't even mind if it was a well thought out paragraph detailing their opinion, but instead it's these crappy couple liners with poor grammar and no substance. Most of us excuse the new threads that aren't that original if they are intelligent.

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#20 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

That would be fine if they were quality posts, but so many are the exact same crap posts that could be put in the numerous other threads. This thread is a perfect example of a bad post. It wastes space that could be used for better posts.
We wouldn't even mind if it was a well thought out paragraph detailing their opinion, but instead it's these crappy couple liners with poor grammar and no substance. Most of us excuse the new threads that aren't that original if they are intelligent.

who are you to judge wasting space, good god grow up get a life. Wow really grammer are you a teacher, or a grammer cop like really not everyone aced english so get over it already. Again if you dont like it dont respond to it nobody twisted your arm and told you to respond or open this thread. Yolo

#21 Ukcanuckzfan

Ukcanuckzfan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:53 AM

Could today be the day when we don't see a Luongo thread? :sadno:
C:\Users\Vickrams account\Pictures\Ibrahim.gifC:\Users\Vickrams account\Pictures\Animation Gif what happened.gif

#22 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

who are you to judge wasting space, good god grow up get a life. Wow really grammer are you a teacher, or a grammer cop like really not everyone aced english so get over it already. Again if you dont like it dont respond to it nobody twisted your arm and told you to respond or open this thread. Yolo

What a great day this could be for the organization.

Is this a worthwhile threadstarter? Is this the type of post you want to see endless amounts of?

I'm not a grammar nazi, and I'm not correcting anybodies grammar in particular, and I never do on these boards (We all make mistakes). I just mention it as friendly advice, and because using good grammar and spelling will go a long way to make your posts go from looking childish to well thought out and meaningful posts (well as meaningful as internet forum posts go).
There's no need to get hostile, and I don't mean to come off as trying to play mini mod (honestly).

Oh, and because it is too tempting, typing YOLO at the end of your post makes it very hard to take you seriously.

Edited by Tragoedia, 09 July 2012 - 01:57 AM.

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#23 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

This is your idea of a good post? Do you really want people to post an endless amount of these posts?

I'm not a grammar nazi, and I'm not correcting anybodies grammar in particular, and I never do on these boards (We all make mistakes). I just mention it as friendly advice, and because using good grammar and spelling will go a long way to make your posts go from looking childish to well thought out and meaningful posts (well as meaningful as internet forum posts go).
There's no need to get hostile, and I don't mean to come off as trying to play mini mod (honestly).

Oh, and because it is too tempting, typing YOLO at the end of your post makes it very hard to take you seriously.

Look most mods on here close or log threads all the time and yes it is bias as i see it, since it doesnt tickle their ears but the fact is why does it matter how many there are or what is started in a thread. I am sure they delete old threads all the time. They always seem to have a excuse to delete it, even if the person started a thread and maybe in their opinion it may be important, but to constantly close or lock them because its redundant or whatever the excuse may be is just silly IMO. Not to include how many really stupid threads I have seen that get alot of attention, which in most cases are stupid and should be locked.

Edited by Canuckfan1968, 09 July 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#24 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Doan's gain to this organization will never be able to fill the loss of Luongo, regardless of what we get in return for Lu.

You don't just trade a top-10 All-Time goalie and expect an unproven kid to do better. The day we trade Luongo and sign Doan will be the worst day in franchise history and a turning point in the Canucks organization for the worse.
Posted Image

#25 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

Is this a worthwhile threadstarter? Is this the type of post you want to see endless amounts of?

This exactly.

#26 Islandboss

Islandboss

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

Doan's gain to this organization will never be able to fill the loss of Luongo, regardless of what we get in return for Lu.

You don't just trade a top-10 All-Time goalie and expect an unproven kid to do better. The day we trade Luongo and sign Doan will be the worst day in franchise history and a turning point in the Canucks organization for the worse.

Didn't watch any games last year? Cory's tech is far superior to Lu's.He does not end up tangled around his post like a wet noodle in a shoot out.He has 5 times the composure .Sure Lu is a great goaltender but cory has shown the attributes to be even better over his career then lu and he's younger and cheaper and Lu cut his own throat with the new jerk reaction to tell the media he will wave his NTC.
A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.

Kelly is a great gal

#27 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

unproven kid lol what if every organization thought like you do, and 26 years old, i really wouldnt call him a kid. Its not like he was drafted and thrown to the wolves he has been developed just the way he should be and he clearly proved himself at every level get over your loungo crush.

#28 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

Didn't watch any games last year? Cory's tech is far superior to Lu's.He does not end up tangled around his post like a wet noodle in a shoot out.He has 5 times the composure .Sure Lu is a great goaltender but cory has shown the attributes to be even better over his career then lu and he's younger and cheaper and Lu cut his own throat with the new jerk reaction to tell the media he will wave his NTC.

not to include how many times luongo lost his stick, they should have glued it to his glove.

#29 johnnywishbone

johnnywishbone

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

Today is highly unlikely but Tommorro is Looking Preee-tttty Goood, and the day after that will be exceptional.
English Bob: A plague on you. A plague on the whole stinking lot of ya, without morals or laws. And all you whores got no laws. You got no honor. It's no wonder you all emigrated to America, because they wouldn't have you in England. You're a lot of savages, that's what you all are. A bunch of bloody savages. A plague on you. I'll be back.

#30 BlurTriX

BlurTriX

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

Guess it's confirmed then (sarcasm). I think people need to realise the media, and these type of people, will make a lot of claims for ratings and/or attention. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Lou or MG say neither had discussed trading Luongo nor had Luongo given MG a list of teams? Yet TSN etc. were all stirring the pot with where Lou would go and the list of teams he had given. They know most of us are idiots who just eat this kind of stuff up.

Well he did confirm the pick up of Jason Garrison 24 hours before it happened so who knows.

Untitled.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.