The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could today be the day we sign Doan and trade Luongo?

Italia2006

who are you to judge wasting space, good god grow up get a life. Wow really grammer are you a teacher, or a grammer cop like really not everyone aced english so get over it already. Again if you dont like it dont respond to it nobody twisted your arm and told you to respond or open this thread. Yolo

This is your idea of a good post? Do you really want people to post an endless amount of these posts?

I'm not a grammar nazi, and I'm not correcting anybodies grammar in particular, and I never do on these boards (We all make mistakes). I just mention it as friendly advice, and because using good grammar and spelling will go a long way to make your posts go from looking childish to well thought out and meaningful posts (well as meaningful as internet forum posts go).

There's no need to get hostile, and I don't mean to come off as trying to play mini mod (honestly).

Oh, and because it is too tempting, typing YOLO at the end of your post makes it very hard to take you seriously.

Doan's gain to this organization will never be able to fill the loss of Luongo, regardless of what we get in return for Lu.

You don't just trade a top-10 All-Time goalie and expect an unproven kid to do better. The day we trade Luongo and sign Doan will be the worst day in franchise history and a turning point in the Canucks organization for the worse.

Is this a worthwhile threadstarter? Is this the type of post you want to see endless amounts of?

I'm not a grammar nazi, and I'm not correcting anybodies grammar in particular, and I never do on these boards (We all make mistakes). I just mention it as friendly advice, and because using good grammar and spelling will go a long way to make your posts go from looking childish to well thought out and meaningful posts (well as meaningful as internet forum posts go).

There's no need to get hostile, and I don't mean to come off as trying to play mini mod (honestly).

Oh, and because it is too tempting, typing YOLO at the end of your post makes it very hard to take you seriously.

Doan's gain to this organization will never be able to fill the loss of Luongo, regardless of what we get in return for Lu.

You don't just trade a top-10 All-Time goalie and expect an unproven kid to do better. The day we trade Luongo and sign Doan will be the worst day in franchise history and a turning point in the Canucks organization for the worse.

Didn't watch any games last year? Cory's tech is far superior to Lu's.He does not end up tangled around his post like a wet noodle in a shoot out.He has 5 times the composure .Sure Lu is a great goaltender but cory has shown the attributes to be even better over his career then lu and he's younger and cheaper and Lu cut his own throat with the new jerk reaction to tell the media he will wave his NTC.

Guess it's confirmed then (sarcasm). I think people need to realise the media, and these type of people, will make a lot of claims for ratings and/or attention. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Lou or MG say neither had discussed trading Luongo nor had Luongo given MG a list of teams? Yet TSN etc. were all stirring the pot with where Lou would go and the list of teams he had given. They know most of us are idiots who just eat this kind of stuff up.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Luongo is still here come camp. We have the cap space and all we really are missing are depth players and maybe a top 6 winger for the 2nd line but we have what like 5 million in cap left? Doan signs a 2 year deal worth 9 million dollars. We stay put. Would look damn good with Luongo and Cory back again.

Do I expect him to be traded? yea.. it makes more sense and we can add talent to our organization but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

I am not sure why people think Doan has a chance of becoming a Canuck. We have 7dmen, 14 forwards and Lu and Schneids under contract for the bigs next year...23 people, granted 2 or 3 of the forwards could fail to make the cut at camp, but more importantly only about 2 million left. So you trade away luongo and replace him with another goalie, you free up what, 3m? 4m? we then have 6million in total available and OOOOOOhhhhhhhhh well, if we are giving Lu away for free I suppose it is within the realm of possibility.

EDIT: that was sarcasm, you don't give away one of the top goalies in the league for a couple draft picks and Wolves players.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Luongo is still here come camp. We have the cap space and all we really are missing are depth players and maybe a top 6 winger for the 2nd line but we have what like 5 million in cap left? Doan signs a 2 year deal worth 9 million dollars. We stay put. Would look damn good with Luongo and Cory back again.

Do I expect him to be traded? yea.. it makes more sense and we can add talent to our organization but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

I am not sure why people think Doan has a chance of becoming a Canuck. We have 7dmen, 14 forwards and Lu and Schneids under contract for the bigs next year...23 people, granted 2 or 3 of the forwards could fail to make the cut at camp, but more importantly only about 2 million left. So you trade away luongo and replace him with another goalie, you free up what, 3m? 4m? we then have 6million in total available and OOOOOOhhhhhhhhh well, if we are giving Lu away for free I suppose it is within the realm of possibility.

EDIT: that was sarcasm, you don't give away one of the top goalies in the league for a couple draft picks and Wolves players.

Archived