The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could today be the day we sign Doan and trade Luongo?

Italia2006

Didn't watch any games last year? Cory's tech is far superior to Lu's.He does not end up tangled around his post like a wet noodle in a shoot out.He has 5 times the composure .Sure Lu is a great goaltender but cory has shown the attributes to be even better over his career then lu and he's younger and cheaper and Lu cut his own throat with the new jerk reaction to tell the media he will wave his NTC.

Could today be the day we all stop complaining about new threads its a discussion board why do so many people give a crap about what someone starts or how many threads are made about this subject or any other if you dont like it dont reply to it other people may like to discuss possibilities of this sort.

AGREED!!

Don't post if your gonna whine.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Luongo is still here come camp. We have the cap space and all we really are missing are depth players and maybe a top 6 winger for the 2nd line but we have what like 5 million in cap left? Doan signs a 2 year deal worth 9 million dollars. We stay put. Would look damn good with Luongo and Cory back again.

Do I expect him to be traded? yea.. it makes more sense and we can add talent to our organization but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

I'm with Gillis' veiwpoint: If we don't get better by trading Luongo, then we don't trade him. Of course, everything must be taken into consideration: The goalie's moods, the locker room, the skill of Luongo vs Schnieder, etc.

Yeah, I agree. It was a smart move on Luongo's part to speak to the media. Obviously he wants out and by saying what he did, it forces Gillis' hand to make that move happen ASAP. Luongo is going to avoid saying anything bad about Vancouver but the reality is, he wants to get the heck out of Dodge. Get 'er done, MG!

Doan's gain to this organization will never be able to fill the loss of Luongo, regardless of what we get in return for Lu.

You don't just trade a top-10 All-Time goalie and expect an unproven kid to do better. The day we trade Luongo and sign Doan will be the worst day in franchise history and a turning point in the Canucks organization for the worse.

Yes of course it COULD be.

problem:  lots of people wanting news about what is going on - and we are not privy to any of the info in any of the negotiations.  that's why these quacks (aka Eklund) who make stuff up get our attention.

solution:  if nothing is happening, wait.

who are you to judge wasting space, good god grow up get a life. Wow really grammer are you a teacher, or a grammer cop like really not everyone aced english so get over it already. Again if you dont like it dont respond to it nobody twisted your arm and told you to respond or open this thread. Yolo

Archived