The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could today be the day we sign Doan and trade Luongo?

Italia2006

Fine? Not a single guy drafted has played a game.

And this management team s/b thanking their lucky stars for Nonis' drafting, which was actually good.

Dennis Wideman finished 10th in points last year amongst NHL d-men. He has 251 career NHL points and is only 1 year older than Garrison. He's pretty good - far more accomplished (and deserving of a big-$ contract like that) than Garrison is.

HockeysFuture would disagree, ranking us ahead of ONLY the San Jose Sharks in terms of prospect depth/quality. And how does SJs future look, at the moment? Right.

Of course the jury's still out, because life is always soooo rosy in Canuck-land, where the GM never makes a mistake, where the players will never decline in skill, and where the refs and the NHL powers-that-be are always out to get them.

It's probably because I'm answering two of your points separately. On the other hand, no team can stay a President Trophy winner or a Stanley Cup champion forever....so the point that the only place to go, once you've reached the top of the standing is eventually down, isn't all that of a complicated or new concept to elite teams. Same goes for EDM....when you're the worst statistical team 2-3 years running out of the last 3-4....you can only get better with back-to-back-to-back 1st round picks. Both are inevitable.

The Canucks drafting has been fine considering the place in which they've drafted from the last 3 years.....unless you want to pin the entirety of the organization's drafting history on our current Management team. Is that what you're aim is to do??

Yeah...they barely lost out to a team that couldn't even make it to the Finals, whereas the Nucks lost to the Cup champs, and were essentially running on fumes at that point, but still managed to eek out a win against them....something that the next 2 teams couldn't manage.......yay for Boston?

Predict all you want...that's cool. But you came off as if you were stating a fact.

If you were correct the on the Schultz situation, then great....I was too. However, the difference between Schultz's career and what's best for him at this point in time is 'night and day' in comparison to Doan's. For all we know, he may forgo going to a Cup contender and stay with his original team out of a sense of integrity and loyalty. For some, that's worth more than a Cup, on any other team, OR, if his desire to win a Cup overrides the desire to stay in PHX, then his move to EDM wouldn't make any sense in accomplishing that, for a myriad of reasons.

Again...you don't know it is a mistake or it will be a mistake. Seeing the money tossed around for Wideman, Souray or Carle, I reckon the Canucks got a bit of a bargain for this time of year, in comparison.

If it was a reactionary move, then it was in reaction to the pending loss of Salo and the possibility of losing Schultz as well, i agree. So what? They obviously went after both, and came up with one. It wasn't an either or decision here....it was a both/and.

I certainly don't have any gripes or qualms with Gillis attempting to get both.

The Sedins have never been great skaters, but at 32, they're hardly going to be much slower than they usually are. They've always been extremely smart with the puck, inspite of their average footspeed. That's why they're so good. They can pass and place the puck on a stick or in a net almost better than any other duo in the league. That won't change because they're a few months to a year older than last season.

No one really seemed like themselves in the playoffs....which is exactly what I and so many other people have drawn the conclusion that they were gassed.....virtually all of them. Again....Boston's best players, didn't look so tip-top themselves. Coincidence??

Ehrhoff left on his own accord to chase a massive payday. Gillis was right to not match it....but Ehrhoff has done jack all in Buffalo, and in 3 years that contract will make Buffalo fans incensed. Ehrhoff only showed that he was good because of what and who he was surrounded by here in VAN. He's gone, it wasn't a mistake, it was good cap management by Gillis. (Read my sig)

The cupboards are hardly bare either. Unnecessary hyperbole is unnecessary.

The jury is still out on Booth and Kassian. Ballard is overpaid for his role, but he's somewhat improved...and Lui has been supplanted by a younger, cheaper and just as skilled player in his position. Good move by Gillis to try and trade Lui for assets that he can use now or to re-stock that 'bare ol' cupboard'.

Lastly, the fact that you're the one making evidently baseless 'predictions', and using Naslund and Bertuzzi as your correlational reasoning, erroneously I might add, to such predictions of what awaits the Sedins next season, while bandying about 1st year psychology terms such as 'confirmation bias' is wholly and deliciously ironic, as well as a bit of an illusory correlation.....but thank you for that lawl.

Are you serious how does defending someone who may be bad a grammer being ignorant? The only ignorant people are the ones who have no respect for others depending on their ability to spell or not that is ignorant, defending someone isnt get a life.

Archived