The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could today be the day we sign Doan and trade Luongo?

Italia2006

I think most here need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Justin Schultz choosing to play in Edmonton instead of Vancouver should have been a pretty strong signal of where the two teams' directions are likely headed. We had our shot, in 2011; all that we needed to do was not lose back-to-back games vs. Boston, which is exactly what happened. 2011-12 was a good year, but it didn't have the magic that 2010-11 did, and the 1st round exit really wasn't all that surprising (to me, anyway).

Shane Doan ain't gonna sign here. We have no 2nd line C right now until Christmas, and who knows how long Kesler will last once he's back. In fact, call me crazy, but I would not be surprised in the least to see Shane Doan wind up in EDMONTON, a la Justin Schultz.

It seems pretty evident, to me, that the feeling on the Canucks is one of great uncertainty right now. Kesler's health, an aging core, a 1st-time goalie starter, the Luongo drama, etc. I don't think this season's going to go too well. Don't bet on Doan signing here. I'd call it a very, very unlikely outcome.

grammar

There is a difference between being a 'grammar cop' and having a basic understanding of how to communicate properly. The whole culture of not giving a damn whether you're legible or sound like a 12 year old really astonishes. Do you think engineers fudge numbers and think "meh who cares" when bridges collapse? Come on, if you don't know another language, at least try to be reasonable with the one you understand. Is it so hard? When you catch employers, politicians, and other people of expected stature making these mistakes it's laughable, but it starts with regulars giving a damn about how they articulate themselves.

whatever if people can understand small children who mummble and people who are mentally challenged they should be able to understand poor english or poor grammer. You sound just like one of those people who are critical and who dont give a rats a%$ not a very good quality to have, and its a shame to the human race. Sounding like a twelve year old lol, my twelve year old probably has better grammer then most of us adults so your point is.

God I hope so, with the resigning of Raymond I am in fear that we will be icing the same team.

Signing Doan and trading Lou for something of value would salvage this off-season and turn it into a good one.

Could be, heres two tweets i saw from @HockeyyInsiderr

1. Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

As of right now, hearing IF Doan doesn't resign with Phoenix his #1 choice would be to play in Vancouver. #CONFIRMED #Canucks

2.Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Many sources agree that Doan would be willing to accept less$$ for a 2 year deal with #Canucks than what he'd get somewhere else.

I totally dont like the raymond signing all the guy can do is skate, cant count the amount of times he over skates the puck or gets knocked off the puck. With as much speed as Raymond has he should be driving to the net and creating scoring chances.

Justin Schultz choosing to play in Edmonton instead of Vancouver should have been a pretty strong signal of where the two teams' directions are likely headed. We had our shot, in 2011; all that we needed to do was not lose back-to-back games vs. Boston, which is exactly what happened. 2011-12 was a good year, but it didn't have the magic that 2010-11 did, and the 1st round exit really wasn't all that surprising (to me, anyway).

Shane Doan ain't gonna sign here. We have no 2nd line C right now until Christmas, and who knows how long Kesler will last once he's back. In fact, call me crazy, but I would not be surprised in the least to see Shane Doan wind up in EDMONTON, a la Justin Schultz.

It seems pretty evident, to me, that the feeling on the Canucks is one of great uncertainty right now. Kesler's health, an aging core, a 1st-time goalie starter, the Luongo drama, etc. I don't think this season's going to go too well. Don't bet on Doan signing here. I'd call it a very, very unlikely outcome.

Archived