The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] - Raymond

Look May Ray just doesn't fit with the Canucks there is no reason he should be on this team he is a flash in the pan type player he had one good season get over it he is not a 20-25 goal scorer he is a 10-15 which we have plenty of them already <snip>

i have nothing against him, but i would have saved those 2.25M from our cap space to sign that desperately needed top 6 forward.

AFTER THAT maybe i would have offered him a new contract... Maybe.

Now if we stay with this roster i'm officially worried.

I'm pretty confident in Mayray and know that he'll have a bounceback year. C'mon you guys, a broken back and no slack shown to him? You do understand that these aren't robots and, after a serious injury and not playing for a time it takes awhile to get back up to par?!

Sure, he's had questionable periods but you'll all be eating your words when his speed has him flying past everyone and scoring goals (no, not falling down).

This guy is a waste of roster and cap space. I hope he can be buried in the minors or be traded away.

I never had any trust in Raymond. Skates hard but falls down all the time, looks like a child playing with men. Too afraid to go to the net and has a weak shot.

I think you may have that backwards....I thought the nucks could do two things: accept the decision or let Raymond go to full UFA....and if they accepted the decision they were stuck with him for a full year, no trade. This way, its not bound by those rules anyways, but I am curious which way the arbitration rules go?

Like I said to another poster. Just because he's not the player you want him to be does not mean he's not an NHL talent and an asset. When you have an asset, you keep it or you trade it. You don't simply let it walk out the door.

Maybe Raymond is a serviceable player, maybe not. He had a tough year, don't care...Even during his good year he didn't belong in our top 6 or bottom 6, obvious he needs to be traded to a team where he fits better and obvious we need to trade him for a player that fits our needs better.

No hate, just business.

Archived