319 replies to this topic

#211 AoSimon

AoSimon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

I really really REALLY doubt, this is a sign and trade. Raymond and Garrison want to play together. If anything I see Burrows as being the odd man out and carrying more trade value.

No contest that Burr carries much higher trade value, but him being the odd man out? His versatility, work ethic and drive makes him an integral part of the team and untouchable (in the good sense). Gillis would be nuts to take Raymond over Burr, unless a bona-fide top 6 (or even top 3) is coming back the other way as part of a Lu+Burr trade.

But if Gretzky and Linden could be traded, anything could happen...

#212 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

THUMBS UP IF YOU ALL HATE MASON RAYMOND!

Posted Image

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#213 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

lol the replies to this thread are golden
Posted Image

#214 Wolverinė

Wolverinė

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Yay... more falling and getting crushed against the boards.

Hopefully he proves us all wrong 'cause he definitely has the potential, but it's highly doubtful considering how terrified he is of going to the dirty areas.

Posted Image

#215 CanucksWino

CanucksWino

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

he also broke the thumb on his shooting hand the year before....people have extremely short memories

He broke his thumb in December of that year, and missed 10 games. Are we blaming his brutal playoffs that year on a thumb that was broken months before? I don't giving this guy a pass for last year, but his play before the injury was lacking, and the excuses for this guy seem to be limitless...

#216 Virt 'n Kass

Virt 'n Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Good, we couldn't afford to lose Lou and MayRay in the same off-season. Who would we blame every time the Canucks lose a game?

#217 Wolverinė

Wolverinė

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Good, we couldn't afford to lose Lou and MayRay in the same off-season. Who would we blame every time the Canucks lose a game?

#3 is still around, with a full NMC/NTC.

Posted Image

#218 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Actually AV did publicly call out Raymond last season. Your right comparing him to kesler isnt fair. They are not the same type of player whatsoever. But as you stated Kesler is the heart and soul of this team, so where was this heart and soul last season and in the playoffs. Kesler WAS a 40 goal scorer and WAS a Selke winner. He wasnt anywhere near either of those things last season. So if injuries arnt an excuse, what was Keslers?
All I saw out of Kesler was selfish play and refusing to use his linemates. He is supposed to be the leader on that line. His play was far more concerning for me than Raymonds play.

Raymond is just everyones whipping boy and if you think Raymond and his 2.6 mill was the problem with the 2nd line, you are blind to the lackluster play of his 4 mill linemates.

Wow you make alot of assumptions. When did av call out raymond like he called out kesler? He did say you look to raymond and he needs to produce offense, but him and gillis did not call out raymond like kesler was.

Who turns a blind eye to kesler? I dont, his production was down, he needed to be better, he was not. He needs to be much better like av and gillis said. I as well as others have said on here during the year his selfish play needs to be looked at and he should possibly be forced to play wing if he does not improve his play making ability at center. But hes the heart of our team. With that said we rely on kesler, not raymond, raymond is a fringe top 6 player we can live without and move on from, your completely ignoring each persons role on our team.

Raymond was not the problem with the 2nd line alone, but he certainly did not help at all, and because he was not the biggest problem this somehow means he should be resigned? Kesler and booth were not meshing or playing well and it has been well documented, i dont get where everyone seems to think they get a free pass, because they did not. However how does this somehow excuses raymond? Raymond did not perform either, his contract was up, and we could have moved on from him. He is not a top 6 caliber forward the last two season and imo does not fit on this team. He could be useful to another team, but I dont see him as a fit here.

This is turning into a whining match over who deserves more blame and thats not what the issue is, raymond did not even play exclusively on keslers line, he played on nearly every line so we cant just blame kesler for raymond. Kesler and booth did not produce either, but we also need a better top 6 then mason raymond, his contract was up, we had a chance to move on, but we did not, if booth is not producing and his contract was up, people would also be saying the same thing, he should not be resigned and we need to move on. Raymond is no different, he is not a solution to the 2nd line either and has put up poor numbers the last few seasons. Raymond also was not a selke winning 40 goal scorer the prior season, or he might get cut more slack. Kesler is pivotal to our team, we need him right now, we can part with raymond, we cant part with kesler.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 09 July 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#219 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Nobody cares about KB3 while we still have KB4 around.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#220 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

#3 is still around, with a full NMC/NTC.

AV is also still here.

#221 Showtime29

Showtime29

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Why did he get a raise...?

For wacking off Garrison to come here

#222 Wolverinė

Wolverinė

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Nobody cares about KB3 while we still have KB4 around.

I like KB4 :) Too bad the coach doesn't.

Thought he played well in these playoffs, pretty impressive considering how much time he missed at the end of the season.

Posted Image

#223 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Good news at last.

I like Raymond, a player who always gives his all. If he is traded fair enough, it will be for the good of the team but while he is here he has my full support.
Kevin.jpg

#224 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Wow way to play hardball mg.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#225 supermanbieksa

supermanbieksa

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Well, just hope he has a good year, i guess the one year tells him that it is his last chance to prove himself.

#226 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

I support Mason Raymond over CDC any day.

Quality :)
Kevin.jpg

#227 Grand17

Grand17

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yuck, the guy has no place on our team unless you are just looking for a name to write on the lineup card

#228 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Why did he get a raise...?

He didn't, he's making less.

#229 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,275 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

The next parise.

Subbancopy.jpg

#230 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Raymond is good at a few things: throwing Hipchecks to cost us a crucial goal (a la Kopitar) and falling down. The latter, he is certainly an expert at. He's also useless at puck battles and brings nothing to the team for his 2M. Trade him Mr. MG.

Yes Mason Raymond cost us the series against LA (sarcasm)

#231 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

THUMBS UP IF YOU ALL HATE MASON RAYMOND!

Now I like needling MayRay as much as the next guy but wow what a miserable SOB you are. Why the venom? Did he kick your puppy or something?

On a side note. Squire Barnes mentioned on his sports report a few weeks back about hearing grumblings that MayRay was unhappy and wouldn't mind being moved. Being offered 'cut down' arbitration surely didn't help matters. I bet you have seen the last of Raymond in a Canucks jersey.

#232 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,866 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

There's always Bieksa and Ballard as standby's.
Posted Image

#233 Eddie Ikea Lack

Eddie Ikea Lack

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm thinking part of the Garrison signing negotiations was that Raymond had to be re-signed for at least 1 season.

#234 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

I'm thinking part of the Garrison signing negotiations was that Raymond had to be re-signed for at least 1 season.

I doubt that was a stipulation. At the same time, I bet moving Raymond right now may not impress Garrison.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#235 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Sad day to be a Canucks fan, at the very least I believe that Raymond can't have any worst of a season.

#236 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Surely this is his last kick at the can. Here's to hoping for the best.

#237 Xx Malcolm

Xx Malcolm

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

#238 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

MG better watch out... he is actually on a short leash if we have another out in the first round year... MG and AV will be fired

Um I don't think that's how it works around here

#239 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Let's look it on the bright side now. Garrison would be happy right now.

Raymond played a big factor in Garrison's decision to sign here.

maybe we can convert mayson to a d and he can play with garrison
GOD BE PRAISED

#240 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Sad day to be a Canucks fan, at the very least I believe that Raymond can't have any worst of a season.

Another year on the contract was guaranteed back when the Canucks elected to take him to arbitration. This was just an expedition of that process. The only thing that changed is now we can trade him, instead of needing to wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.