The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

The Canucks have enough gritty wingers right now. We need a 3rd line center DESPERATELY and defensive depth. The only reason we should get Doan is if a trade is upcoming where we move someone like Raymond, Hansen or Higgins for a solid 40-50 point center.

Ideally, if Luongo has to go we trade him for a top-4 defenceman, depth defenceman and 3rd line center straight up for under 5 million, then sign Doan for 5 million and cap dump Ballard to wherever.

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - 40 point center - Hansen

Raymond - Lapierre - Malhotra

Kassian

Bitz

Weise

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

top-4 defenceman - depth defenceman

Alberts - Tanev

Schneider

Lack

Doan's agent is trying to drive his Shane Doan's value, (as any agent will do) to get him the most offers, and the best offers. The more a player is wanted the value goes up. Nothing more. Him talking to Buffalo, can just mean, "what are we looking at here? ok bye" type of thing. But I do believe vancouver has a fair shot. Get this done Gillis.

I think if Luo is tarded we ill get a good third line center and a D man, so Doan would be on the second line and MG should give Doan an offer sheet before he signs any place and make it as good or better then anyones.We only have a couple years left before the sedins are old and kesler and our core is older and will have to be moved.

I think if Luo is tarded we ill get a good third line center and a D man, so Doan would be on the second line and MG should give Doan an offer sheet before he signs any place and make it as good or better then anyones.We only have a couple years left before the sedins are old and kesler and our core is older and will have to be moved.

This is a whole different ballgame compared to the Justin Schultz situation where it looked like a slamdunk that he was coming here because of his family ties here. The difference is Shane Doan has somebody else pulling the strings for him...not his agent, his WIFE.

Look at Parise, Suter, all moved because of famility reasons, and wives, fiancees have a large amount of input on where they go. Through the test of time in hockey, happy wife, happy life. See Gretzky, Pronger, those two i mentioned, and right in our backyard Luongo. Schutz is unmarried, early 20s and still getting his career set, Doan's got a family and im almost sure his Kamloops bred wife will want to be closer to family.

If we were lucky enough to sign Doan what would our forward lines be?

Sedin Sedin burrows

Booth Kesler/Shroeder Higgins

Raymond Manny Doan

Weise/Kassian/ Lappy Hansen

Options are scary. Doan on PP with sedins ..?..

Please sign ...,,,,

Why would he play in Calgary and Edmonton in his last years of playing days? I don't think he likes to lose this much, especially if he is leaving Phoenix. Eliminate Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg, because if he is leaving Phoenix, he is going to a cup contender.

Archived