The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

The Philadelphia Flyers have offered unrestricted free agent Shane Doan a four-year contract worth at least $30 million, according to John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR Phoenix.

The 35-year old Doan had 22 goals and 28 assists for 50 goals last season with the Phoenix Coyotes. He is a respected scorer, tallying at least 50 points for each of the last nine seasons. But if the Flyers' reported offer is true, Travis Hughes of Broad Street Hockey doesn't like it. At all.

I'd love Shane Doan on the
. I think he's a fantastic player and if he can hop in, play in the top-6 and at least replace Jaromir Jagr's scoring from a year ago, I'd be all for it. But for $7.5 million per year, a deal that would make him the highest paid player on the team until 2016? (Or until
takes that title in two years.) Not a chance in hell.

Paul Holmgren isn't this crazy, right? Please re-assure me of that before I have a panic attack.

You can read more about the Philadelphia Flyers at Broad Street Hockey. For more on the NHL draft and additional news, notes and analysis around the league during the season and offseason, be sure to check out SB Nation's dedicated hub page.

http://philly.sbnati...yers-shane-doan

The Philadelphia Flyers have offered unrestricted free agent Shane Doan a four-year contract worth at least $30 million, according to John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR Phoenix.

The 35-year old Doan had 22 goals and 28 assists for 50 goals last season with the Phoenix Coyotes. He is a respected scorer, tallying at least 50 points for each of the last nine seasons. But if the Flyers' reported offer is true, Travis Hughes of Broad Street Hockey doesn't like it. At all.

. I think he's a fantastic player and if he can hop in, play in the top-6 and at least replace Jaromir Jagr's scoring from a year ago, I'd be all for it. But for $7.5 million per year, a deal that would make him the highest paid player on the team until 2016? (Or until

Paul Holmgren isn't this crazy, right? Please re-assure me of that before I have a panic attack.

You can read more about the Philadelphia Flyers at Broad Street Hockey. For more on the NHL draft and additional news, notes and analysis around the league during the season and offseason, be sure to check out SB Nation's dedicated hub page.

Sundin like deal: 20 million 2 years. He would likely perform better than Sundin did...

1. Offer it, he may not accept it all. It just shows the commitment to him by the organization. If he accepts it all that is ok of course

2. No long term risk

3. Means Luongo trade is a cap dump for young prospects - which is realistic.

4. He is here for the last few years of our window. This would be another bold move for sure.

If Gillis and the team think that Doan will put the Canucks over the top, they'll pay Doan what it takes with in reason to get him here.

We just need Doan to be done with Phoenix. I can't see him going to Montreal even though his cousin, Price plays for them. They're not closer than us to winning the cup.

Gillis would have to talk to his captains and make sure they're all on board with paying a little over market value to get him. We don't want to disrupt people taking less to play here.

Depends on how you look at it. Doan would love a front loaded contract since he would get his money early and if he retires he isn't leaving so much money on the table as it were. A hockey organization would rather back load it to try to make sure he sticks around for the whole contract. That said, I would expect it ends up being even money for every year unless it is some really dumb GM that buys him.

Archived