The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

With the path for the PHX ownership to be solidified, being paved recently, I don't see much likelihood of Doan signing anywhere else. I see a 4 year deal worth $4-$5 million keeping Doan in PHX.

It would have been great to have him here...but I think it was, like the acquisition of almost any prized UFA by Canuck fans, a pleasant dream and distraction in what seems like an infinitely long off-season.

So the Coyotes let Whitney walk and replaced him with a smaller over the hill guy. And then signed David Moss...

How exactly does Doan think he has a chance at winning thee cup there?

Smith couldn't have been much better, and that wasn't enough. Don't waste away your final years in Phoenix!

So the Coyotes let Whitney walk and replaced him with a smaller over the hill guy. And then signed David Moss...

How exactly does Doan think he has a chance at winning thee cup there?

Smith couldn't have been much better, and that wasn't enough. Don't waste away your final years in Phoenix!

I think the reports are about wanting to stay with his family being the primary reason for not really wanting to go elsewhere. But I agree, they had a shot last year, and they won't get another one with the team this year....so why not, as a hockey player go somewhere for a couple of years and try to win what you've been playing the game to win essentially your whole life up to this point? I respect his loyalty to the team and franchise, but he doesn't owe them anything anymore....he's done everything he can to sell the game, tickets, merchandise, etc there......, i'd have to ask Doan, what about your loyalty to one's own dream to attain the highest achievement in hockey?

I think the reports are about wanting to stay with his family being the primary reason for not really wanting to go elsewhere. But I agree, they had a shot last year, and they won't get another one with the team this year....so why not, as a hockey player go somewhere for a couple of years and try to win what you've been playing the game to win essentially your whole life up to this point? I respect his loyalty to the team and franchise, but he doesn't owe them anything anymore....he's done everything he can to sell the game, tickets, merchandise, etc there......, i'd have to ask Doan, what about your loyalty to one's own dream to attain the highest achievement in hockey?

If he's the piece that puts us over the top and helps us win a cup, I would give him 10 million a season.

Sorry, but we're not winning a cup with Raymond on our second line, period.

Does his family not plan on leaving Phoenix if he signs elsewhere?.. I keep hearing he wants to stay with his family so I was wondering if there's a report on it.. You'd think his wife would love to move to bc

Higgins is better than Raymond, so with a healthy line-up Raymond still wouldn't make the second line. I agree though .. our team as is has a pretty low chance of winning the cup - as much as I don't like to admit it, I don't see it happening unless we make a significant addition (or two).

That's a pretty big IF though. We could sign doan, semin and trade Raymond for Rick Nash and its not a garauntee.. IMO too many things have to go right for you to win the cup, like health, peaking at the right time, goalie stealing games when you can't score ect. Not to mention if those things are going right you don't run into the LA kings when their things are going even righter.

I'd offer him a contract but not one that handicaps our team going forward

Archived