Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italia2006

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

808 posts in this topic

I respectfully disagree.

Doan is exactly the top 6 kind of player this team needs and has lacked the last 2 years. Both Boston and LA made mince-meat out of our top 6.

Doan is a physical beast, a character guy who leaves it on teh ice and will defend his teammates to teh death. WHo do the Nucks have that comes close to that? The fact he has more than decent offensive ability is a huge bonus and why in today's market, he is worth offering Sedin-like money to.

He's had shoulder problems and he's getting old, he's reached 30 goals once in his career and has only hit 70points once in his career yet he is worth 6+ million... yea um no he's not.

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040

RT @gambo620: After visiting with the Rangers brass in NY today Shane Doan will make his 2nd visit of free agency Saturday in Philadelphia

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040

RT @gambo620: After visiting with the Rangers brass in NY today Shane Doan will make his 2nd visit of free agency Saturday in Philadelphia

Did he actually go to dinner with Malholtra, or was that BS?

He must not have met with Gillis and company yet, because CDC would be all over that like a [insert your punchline here]

I wonder when we're meeting with him.

I know some of you don't find this guy credible, but he has been accurate with his information recently.

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Yesterday Doan visited the #NYRangers. He was VERY impressed with the conditions/facilities and chances of winning.

Today Doan is in Philadelphia meeting with #Flyers management. Keeping option open but waiting for #Preds decision on Weber.

Monday Doan will be visiting Pittsburgh. Has scheduled meeting with Shero and possibly Lemieux. Hearing #Pens might have Crosby present also

For the rest of the week, Doan is also expected to meet with #Habsand #Sabres reps and visit Montreal and Buffalo. Then back to west coast.

Western conference teams that Doan has on his list are #SJSharksand #Canucks (strong possibility for VAN am being told).

Also don't exclude #RedWings and #Coyotes (if talks turn around) from Doan's consideration. They are on his list. Next tweet= EXACT list.

Shane Doan's list of teams he is considering joining next year:#NYRangers #Flyers #Pens #Habs #Sabres #Coyotes #RedWings#Canucks #SJSharks

This is it for Doan update. Again, very impressed with #NYRangersyesterday. No verbal agreement in place however. Still open to alloptions

I know some of you don't find this guy credible, but he has been accurate with his information recently.

Yesterday Doan visited the #NYRangers. He was VERY impressed with the conditions/facilities and chances of winning.

Today Doan is in Philadelphia meeting with #Flyers management. Keeping option open but waiting for #Preds decision on Weber.

Monday Doan will be visiting Pittsburgh. Has scheduled meeting with Shero and possibly Lemieux. Hearing #Pens might have Crosby present also

For the rest of the week, Doan is also expected to meet with #Habsand #Sabres reps and visit Montreal and Buffalo. Then back to west coast.

Western conference teams that Doan has on his list are #SJSharksand #Canucks (strong possibility for VAN am being told).

Also don't exclude #RedWings and #Coyotes (if talks turn around) from Doan's consideration. They are on his list. Next tweet= EXACT list.

Shane Doan's list of teams he is considering joining next year:#NYRangers #Flyers #Pens #Habs #Sabres #Coyotes #RedWings#Canucks #SJSharks

This is it for Doan update. Again, very impressed with #NYRangersyesterday. No verbal agreement in place however. Still open to alloptions

He's had shoulder problems and he's getting old, he's reached 30 goals once in his career and has only hit 70points once in his career yet he is worth 6+ million... yea um no he's not.

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr

If Hockey Insiderr is right about Doan's impression of the NYR's facilities, I like the Canucks' chances. GMMG and Co. made a significant effort to improve facilities and dressing room environment. The are using some real neat technology which will hopefully be influential in swaying Doan's opinion.

Guy is an idiot. Worse than Eklund. He is an invalid source. Mods do your job bn start throwing warning points out at people for not reading the damn rules.

What's your problem? Maybe you should give him a chance before bashing him and I wouldn't tell the mods how to do their jobs lol, they're very capable.

I'll give you an example (FYI, just so you know, there are plenty more, go take a look)

Mark Fistric signs 1 year- 1.45M deal with #DallasStars and avoids arbitration.

then 10 minutes later...

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Mark Fistric (DAL) has settled: 1 year.

hes got allot of things right and he has been way off on allot of things too and that's the only reason I have a problem with him. Thats also why I don't like eklund.

Guy is an idiot. Worse than Eklund. He is an invalid source. Mods do your job bn start throwing warning points out at people for not reading the damn rules.

I think Doan is playing hoping to get a good an offer as possible out of the Yotes. If there is a huge divide between the offers he might take off but I still bet he re signs.

I think Doan is playing hoping to get a good an offer as possible out of the Yotes. If there is a huge divide between the offers he might take off but I still bet he re signs.