The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

I would LOVE to add Doan to our roster. Something tells me it's just not in the cards. He's a plus 35 and Gillis' record shows that he's got a real issue with signing plus 35's to multi-year deals, which Doan is entitled to. I'm thinking this is agent speak to inflate prices further. Our rivals will not want to let Doan join our roster.

According to his agent, (quoted on Sportsnet) Doan could start looking at deals tomorrow (Tuesday). He is still waiting to htear if the citizens group collecting signatures has been successful and if the sale of the Yotes could be in jeopardy.

Looks like he is still keen to re-sign with the Yotes but isn't willing to wait out a 2 month court battle with the added uncertainty.

My guess is that even if he decided to move on from Phoenix, it will take at least a couple weeks for him to digest the offers and meet with the teams' management.

This will become J Schultz version II.

I'd be willing to go 3 year NTC, 4 year without. 4-5m per year. Guy's a beast and a machine, barely gets injured and has the PASSION to win. Rare and hard to find, these days. Good 'ol Canadian. Need more like him.

That would be awesome!

Sedin Sedin Doan

Raymond Kelser Booth

Burrows ??? Higgins

Kassian Lapierrre Hansen

That is a stacked forward lineup. The fourth line is good enough to be most teams third lines.

Makes sense Van on the list and double so Van wanting Doan. Det makes sense too. think if Doan leaves the yotes if might come down to style of play more than lenght of contract. So does he prefer Det or Van style of it comes down to those 2?

Exactly what the Canucks need, Doan can finally have a shot at a cup while playing close to his hometown in Southern Alberta.

It is probably between Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Phoenix if they get their crap together.

Its Shane Friggin Doan! I laugh at those who compare his value to Justin Schultz as a free agent. This is Captain Canada we are talking about here.

The things that Doan brings to the table and the team can't even be put into words. The impact of watching a guy like this play on your team on players like Booth? Kassian? the young bucks like Gaunce and Jensen???

3years @ 6 Million Per. Twins and Kesler will be fine with that signing.

Makes sense Van on the list and double so Van wanting Doan. Det makes sense too. think if Doan leaves the yotes if might come down to style of play more than lenght of contract. So does he prefer Det or Van style of it comes down to those 2?

As a 35 + contract there are options that the Canucks can go with to minimize the risk. Signing bonuses at the beginning of each year and have bonus incentives. So if he retires after one year then they do not have the bonuses and signing bonuses would not be paid therefore not added to the cap. Then the Canucks can buy it out for 2/3rds over 2 years if we sign him for 2 years and if he retires after one.

According to his agent, (quoted on Sportsnet) Doan could start looking at deals tomorrow (Tuesday). He is still waiting to htear if the citizens group collecting signatures has been successful and if the sale of the Yotes could be in jeopardy.

Looks like he is still keen to re-sign with the Yotes but isn't willing to wait out a 2 month court battle with the added uncertainty.

My guess is that even if he decided to move on from Phoenix, it will take at least a couple weeks for him to digest the offers and meet with the teams' management.

This will become J Schultz version II.

Exactly what the Canucks need, Doan can finally have a shot at a cup while playing close to his hometown in Southern Alberta.

It is probably between Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Phoenix if they get their crap together.

Please don't compare the 2.

One is just a prospect who thinks he's a NHL player, and acted like Lebron James, lied to his management, and gave his home town team the middle finger.

The other is a long time Veteran, captain of his team, played on team canada on 2 occasions, a heart and soul type of player whois been in the NHL for over 15 seasons, and a "proven" player. Not even close.

We need this guy but we will have to over pay him to beat out the othe teams.

I think he will command a min of 5M based on the fact that he is the biggest FA available.

A lot of money for a guy passsed his prime....

Still a gamble that may be worth taking

Archived