The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

Paraphrased from the Agent's interview on Prime Time sports.

15 or 16 teams have expressed interest

No firm money offered. Not starting negotiations until he knows that Glendale is going to make some decisions.

Will not wait until late August to sign, he plans to be signed in Phoenix or elsewhere before then. Press conference coming up in Phoenix regarding the vote etc.

Doesn't mind if the team moves, he would like to stay with the Coyotes/Franchise regardless of the moves. Just wants to win. Wants to know if there will be new management and are the new owners committed to winning.

Not necessary leaving, but keeping options opened. No firm offer on the table from the Coyotes.

So we might wait until Late August to find out? Thats his deadline? Hooboy.

I hope we get him but don't know if Gillis simply waits until late August to fill a roster spot this dramatic. Hopefully Shane will decide by then.

I was really excited when i first heard this, upon reading more into the Doan situation it appears his agent has told just about every NHL team his client has interest signing with them all.. Doan is going to cash in big time. Whether we are favorites or not who knows i wouldn't trust a word this agent says tho.

I'd be willing to go 3 year NTC, 4 year without. 4-5m per year. Guy's a beast and a machine, barely gets injured and has the PASSION to win. Rare and hard to find, these days. Good 'ol Canadian. Need more like him.

Amazingly I don't want Doan...

I agree that he would help the team... BUT

Signing him may cause us to not have enough cash for Weber.

Who would cause all aspects of the entire team to improve much more drastically IMO.

Archived