The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

Are you nuts? 3 years at 6M per? Thank God you're not running this organization.

I agree with all the guys who says he has the type of the game the Canucks need but his offensive skills are in decline and he's been through a lot of games at a hard, physical pace which equals a fast decline. I think 3 years is far too long and 6 mil is just nuts.

2 years 9 mil works for me best.

Many people have said it but the Weber thing is a sinking ship. He will probably be traded this year so Preds can maximize assets and not have a Suter situation again. The problem with that is the Canucks wont have the assets to get Weber.

Sure the Preds will trade him this year. They have been trying to sign him for over a year now in an attempt to keep Suter in Nashville. The problem Poile has is trying to maximize his return for Weber. If Weber is not prepared to extend his contract as part of a trade then the Preds are hooped. Any acquiring team will significantly reduce their trade offer realizing that Weber will be going to UFA at the end of next season.

It is Weber who is in the drivers seat in any deal. All he has to do is wait until July 1st and then go to which ever team he wants. This is why Van should offer the Preds Edler. If as part of the discussion Weber responds positively then Van knows he wants to come to BC. It would be worth an Edler to sign him this season. Signing Doan as well puts Van in a serious CUP mode.

Sure the Preds will trade him this year. They have been trying to sign him for over a year now in an attempt to keep Suter in Nashville. The problem Poile has is trying to maximize his return for Weber. If Weber is not prepared to extend his contract as part of a trade then the Preds are hooped. Any acquiring team will significantly reduce their trade offer realizing that Weber will be going to UFA at the end of next season.

It is Weber who is in the drivers seat in any deal. All he has to do is wait until July 1st and then go to which ever team he wants. This is why Van should offer the Preds Edler. If as part of the discussion Weber responds positively then Van knows he wants to come to BC. It would be worth an Edler to sign him this season. Signing Doan as well puts Van in a serious CUP mode.

I think he wants a 3+ years contract, and I would be fine if it's until 4 years. 6M per year is too much, he would make almost as much as the Sedins. I think he's willing to receive less to play here, but at them same time, we must make a very good offer. 4 year, 21M would be my guess. 22M would be acceptable too.

I think he wants a 3+ years contract, and I would be fine if it's until 4 years. 6M per year is too much, he would make almost as much as the Sedins. I think he's willing to receive less to play here, but at them same time, we must make a very good offer. 4 year, 21M would be my guess. 22M would be acceptable too.

This may be the opportunity to improve in the short term (2-3 years) and risk having to sacrifice mid term (4-5 years).

I'd take that risk, probably so would most. Big Q: does he want to come here? Does MG want that kind of risk? Can we afford to wait another year in this window?

I don't quite get all the excitement. his skills have dropped off and he is reaching his best before date Yes he is a character guy and will help in the short term but to gamble a huge cap hit or even 3 years seems a little rash. not saying I don't want him but the price has to be right

Archived