The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

Then why, pray tell, didn't he sign yet?

To be clear, I actually don't have high hopes for him to be a Canuck. But given the circumstances, we've got as good of a chance as any team not named Phoenix. Your argument is solely predicated on the fact that the Coyotes will (and I agree that this is pretty much a guarantee for now) stay in Phoenix. But that doesn't seem to explain why he didn't sign there yet.

It's obvious that the Coyotes don't want to lose Doan -> this leads one to believe that they're not the ones who are stalling. Unless my assumption is far off, which is improbable, Doan and his agent must be the ones who are holding up, meaning that they likely are considering alternatives. Why sit and consider if you know you aren't actually interested?

His agent said the Coyotes offer wasn't good enough yet, but he expects them to get to a point that is.

His agent is playing other teams to try and get the best deal for his client. Happens all the time.

Doan wants to stay in Phoenix. Only thing holding him back now is getting a good contract offer.

You need to follow the situation a little closer if you haven't seen countless quotes from him and his agent saying he doesn't want to leave Phoenix.

The only thing that was holding him back was the uncertain situation about ownership. Now that that is pretty much cleared up, I would expect him to re-sign with Phoenix by the end of the week.

Excuse me buddy? Give me proof of DOAN saying he doesn't want to leave phoenix, and if he doesn't want to leave, then why is he accepting offers from other teams? He wouldn't waste their time like that. Clearly you're not following what I said hahaha, I said Doan himself has to say it you fool, not his agent.

Prepare to be butthurt when he re-signs in Phoenix then. :lol:

Everyone sees the writing on the wall except you I guess.

His agent is accepting offers because he wants to put pressure on the Coyotes to make him a serious offer. If he was done with Phoenix, he wouldn't have given them so much time to try and figure things out. He would have just signed with another team soon after free agency.

Now that the situation is cleared up, and the sale is going to go through, there's nothing to keep him from signing there within the next few days. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Excuse me buddy? Give me proof of DOAN saying he doesn't want to leave phoenix, and if he doesn't want to leave, then why is he accepting offers from other teams? He wouldn't waste their time like that. Clearly you're not following what I said hahaha, I said Doan himself has to say it you fool, not his agent.

Prepare to be butthurt when he re-signs in Phoenix then. :lol:

Everyone sees the writing on the wall except you I guess.

His agent is accepting offers because he wants to put pressure on the Coyotes to make him a serious offer. If he was done with Phoenix, he wouldn't have given them so much time to try and figure things out. He would have just signed with another team soon after free agency.

Now that the situation is cleared up, and the sale is going to go through, there's nothing to keep him from signing there within the next few days. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Archived