Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
807 replies to this topic

#781 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Doan't doubt MG til the deal's Doan.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#782 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

I respectfully disagree.

Doan is exactly the top 6 kind of player this team needs and has lacked the last 2 years. Both Boston and LA made mince-meat out of our top 6.

Doan is a physical beast, a character guy who leaves it on teh ice and will defend his teammates to teh death. WHo do the Nucks have that comes close to that? The fact he has more than decent offensive ability is a huge bonus and why in today's market, he is worth offering Sedin-like money to.

He's had shoulder problems and he's getting old, he's reached 30 goals once in his career and has only hit 70points once in his career yet he is worth 6+ million... yea um no he's not.

#783 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

He's had shoulder problems and he's getting old, he's reached 30 goals once in his career and has only hit 70points once in his career yet he is worth 6+ million... yea um no he's not.

He's hit both of those numbers more than once, and comes close consistently. But again, points are not the primary attraction with Doan. What he brings, we lack. It's a good fit at the right price. 6mil doesn't scare me if the term is right.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#784 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

And your country of orgin that competed in Euro 2012 was ????

Spain.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#785 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
RT @gambo620: After visiting with the Rangers brass in NY today Shane Doan will make his 2nd visit of free agency Saturday in Philadelphia

#786 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
RT @gambo620: After visiting with the Rangers brass in NY today Shane Doan will make his 2nd visit of free agency Saturday in Philadelphia

He's slowly making his way to vancity. Lets just hope he doesn't want to play out east.

#787 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Did he actually go to dinner with Malholtra, or was that BS?

He must not have met with Gillis and company yet, because CDC would be all over that like a [insert your punchline here]

I wonder when we're meeting with him.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#788 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

I know some of you don't find this guy credible, but he has been accurate with his information recently.

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
Yesterday Doan visited the #NYRangers. He was VERY impressed with the conditions/facilities and chances of winning.

Today Doan is in Philadelphia meeting with #Flyers management. Keeping option open but waiting for #Preds decision on Weber.

Monday Doan will be visiting Pittsburgh. Has scheduled meeting with Shero and possibly Lemieux. Hearing #Pens might have Crosby present also

For the rest of the week, Doan is also expected to meet with #Habsand #Sabres reps and visit Montreal and Buffalo. Then back to west coast.

Western conference teams that Doan has on his list are #SJSharksand #Canucks (strong possibility for VAN am being told).

Also don't exclude #RedWings and #Coyotes (if talks turn around) from Doan's consideration. They are on his list. Next tweet= EXACT list.

Shane Doan's list of teams he is considering joining next year:#NYRangers #Flyers #Pens #Habs #Sabres #Coyotes #RedWings#Canucks #SJSharks

This is it for Doan update. Again, very impressed with #NYRangersyesterday. No verbal agreement in place however. Still open to alloptions

Edited by Tystick, 21 July 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Posted Image

#789 Not A Fruit

Not A Fruit

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

I know some of you don't find this guy credible, but he has been accurate with his information recently.

Yesterday Doan visited the #NYRangers. He was VERY impressed with the conditions/facilities and chances of winning.

Today Doan is in Philadelphia meeting with #Flyers management. Keeping option open but waiting for #Preds decision on Weber.

Monday Doan will be visiting Pittsburgh. Has scheduled meeting with Shero and possibly Lemieux. Hearing #Pens might have Crosby present also

For the rest of the week, Doan is also expected to meet with #Habsand #Sabres reps and visit Montreal and Buffalo. Then back to west coast.

Western conference teams that Doan has on his list are #SJSharksand #Canucks (strong possibility for VAN am being told).

Also don't exclude #RedWings and #Coyotes (if talks turn around) from Doan's consideration. They are on his list. Next tweet= EXACT list.

Shane Doan's list of teams he is considering joining next year:#NYRangers #Flyers #Pens #Habs #Sabres #Coyotes #RedWings#Canucks #SJSharks

This is it for Doan update. Again, very impressed with #NYRangersyesterday. No verbal agreement in place however. Still open to alloptions

The 5th tweet on that list is ALLLL I care about :bigblush:
Posted Image
Special Thanks to Twilight Sparkle ^

#790 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

While Kesler, who has had one healthy series in his career here, is worth $6M?!! If Kesler's stats continue, he will be retiring at 29.

Doan is tough and even at his age is a more physical and dominating force than Kesler or any other forward on this team.

#791 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr

Guy is an idiot. Worse than Eklund. He is an invalid source. Mods do your job bn start throwing warning points out at people for not reading the damn rules.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#792 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

If Hockey Insiderr is right about Doan's impression of the NYR's facilities, I like the Canucks' chances. GMMG and Co. made a significant effort to improve facilities and dressing room environment. The are using some real neat technology which will hopefully be influential in swaying Doan's opinion.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#793 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Guy is an idiot. Worse than Eklund. He is an invalid source. Mods do your job bn start throwing warning points out at people for not reading the damn rules.

What's your problem? Maybe you should give him a chance before bashing him and I wouldn't tell the mods how to do their jobs lol, they're very capable.

I'll give you an example (FYI, just so you know, there are plenty more, go take a look)

Mark Fistric signs 1 year- 1.45M deal with #DallasStars and avoids arbitration.

then 10 minutes later...

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Mark Fistric (DAL) has settled: 1 year.
Posted Image

#794 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

What's your problem? Maybe you should give him a chance before bashing him and I wouldn't tell the mods how to do their jobs lol, they're very capable.

I'll give you an example (FYI, just so you know, there are plenty more, go take a look)

then 10 minutes later...

hes got allot of things right and he has been way off on allot of things too and that's the only reason I have a problem with him. Thats also why I don't like eklund.

#795 Totes McGoats

Totes McGoats

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

hes got allot of things right and he has been way off on allot of things too and that's the only reason I have a problem with him. Thats also why I don't like eklund.

A Lot.

Posted Image

Schroeder

#796 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

i think he's pretty credible. if he was on tsn, people would see him differently..

maybe he is!!
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#797 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

People are defending the guy named HockeyyInsiderr again? :picard:

#798 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Why not?
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#799 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think Doan is playing hoping to get a good an offer as possible out of the Yotes. If there is a huge divide between the offers he might take off but I still bet he re signs.
Posted Image

#800 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I think Doan is playing hoping to get a good an offer as possible out of the Yotes. If there is a huge divide between the offers he might take off but I still bet he re signs.

I agree he is likely to re-sign but don't think he is trying to run up his value with the Yotes.

This guy is old-school, loyal and really does want to stay in Phoenix. I believe his teammates when they say he would take a discount to stay there. HIs decision will be based on the uncertainty of the ownership and future of the Yotes.

He is contacting teams he has an interest in should a deal in Phoenix not make sense. He is not leading these teams on to get a better deal but to explore his options. He has already said he will contact those teams he is interested in and not theother 10 that expressed interest so as not to lead anyone on.

Not sure the Nucks will get him but he will be a great acquisition wherever he lands. He is a character guy the likes of an Yzerman or Linden. Would love to see him here.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 21 July 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#801 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I disagree. I mean, obviously he wants to stay in Phoenix, but not while the future of the organization is uncertain. I think for him and his families sake, he wants to settle down somewhere now.
Posted Image

#802 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

then 10 minutes later...

Oh, lookie here: https://twitter.com/...751839150940161
5 minutes before hockeyyinsiderr "breaks" the story.
Stop trying to convince yourself he's legitimate.

EDIT: Not just 5 - 7!

Edited by Trip, 21 July 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#803 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

A Lot.

lol your a loser.. you clearly knew what he was typing but you wanted to fix it?
gorw up.. omg i mean grow. omg i mean oh my god.. don't want to get busted by the grammar police!

#804 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

I dunno, he gets most things right though. I see what you mean, he could have easily copied that. Although, I have just started following him, so I'm not going to write him off just yet.

Edited by Tystick, 21 July 2012 - 07:01 PM.

Posted Image

#805 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

He's Way way more accurate than Eklund. He's recently called a lot of deals before they are confirmed by tsN.

You think mods go through every page looking for invalid sources?? Rules are you can't start a thread with an invalid source. 27 pages in who cares?? Skip over his post and quit being a little b!tch

Edited by canucks411, 21 July 2012 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks Ballard_4 for the sig!

#806 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

He's Way way more accurate than Eklund. He's recently called a lot of deals before they are confirmed by tsN.

You think mods go through every page looking for invalid sources?? Rules are you can't start a thread with an invalid source. 27 pages in who cares?? Skip over his post and quit being a little b!tch

As you say, too scared to uncensor your needless cuss.

#807 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

As you say, too scared to uncensor your needless cuss.

I'm too scared, like I say? Mmmmkay......
Posted Image

#808 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Oh and by the way, where do u think dreger and others get their info from? Usually sources. Hockeyinsderr can't use different sources to find info?

Most people don't care where the info comes from as long as its true, people don't rip dreger and I bet he uses identical sources to get his info
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.